Order editing is now available!!

1 0 0

Is it possible for a customer to edit an order, such as change an item or change their shipping address within a certain timeframe of placing an order? I know it's available to us as the merchant in the admin, but was wondering if we can allow customers to change their own info similar to how some sites say "you can change order within 1 hour or placing it". Thanks!

0 Likes
Explorer
55 1 67
I’ve tried an app that promised something like this during this summer but
all it did in the background was creating a new order from draft. Now with
api 2020-10, it seems like something like this may actually be possible.
I’d look out for new apps that support this in the next months
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks bredowmax .

I did have a look at upgrading my Shopify Plan, but it doesn't really offer much more functionality for the extra money. 

I'll look out for the Apps as you suggest and hope that Shopify themselves do add this rather fundamental feature. 

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

this App may help some of you in the meantime Edit Order by Cleverific

we're also waiting on Shopify to include these Editing features across any of their tiers

Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Shopify,

I have the same issue. Once the order is edited the products quantities and value of invoice do not change when the CSV is exported. It messes up accounting, inventory and customer service. Customers experience is hampered and we get bad reviews for our brand. Is there any solution to this?

0 Likes
1 0 0

After editing an order on a customer's request the order value has increased to the point where we offer free shipping. However, It's still showing shipping charges and I'm unable to edit it. Please guide.

0 Likes
1 0 0

When we edit an order to remove an item and then capture the payment, the capture payment amount is populated with the original order total rather than the reduced new total. Is there any way to get the adjusted total (assuming it is less than the authorized amount) to populate so users do not have to manually edit which could potentially lead to errors?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello I run a Japanese restaurant in California and I am about to use shopify for online orders.

I have a question: If customer orders a California roll and checks out. Then after, we need to add charge of $1.00 (for adding cream cheese inside) to the customers credit card, how can I do it? 

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes

Hi @cwgeun 

IMO, there are several ways to solve this problem.

1. You can use a bundle / upsell app. It enables customers to select what variants they want before putting to cart. 
  2. Add an option to your cart page: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-add-gift-wrap-option
  3. Let customers checkout and pay normally. Edit order to ask for extra money. If the customer change the mind after payment, it's the way to go. More info: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/edit-orders 
SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

One more vote/request for being able to edit the Shipping. This is one of our customers' most common requests. Not being able to edit the shipping is a pain.

Dan