Order notification to more than one location

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there,

We sell magazine subscriptions through our store and we are about to sell single issues - we'd like to send notifications about the two different types of products to different suppliers for fulfilment. Is there a way to define who receives a order based on a product type?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @allenfisher 

An email marketing platform like Mailchimp and Klaviyo will do the job. 

We are Klaviyo integration partners if you need assistance  with that.   

Hope this helps!   

DropshipDesigns.com | We Support Shopify Dropshippers
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
83 2 3

Hi

Shopify supports product types so you would be able to assign different products to different product types and supply that data to your suppliers. However, wouldn't you already have the different types set up as different products - perhaps variants?

It also depends on how you are sending your fulfilment information to your suppliers and if you need to customise or automate that process and map different data from your orders and products.

Regards

Tom

Over 16 years experience in operating ecommerce businesses.
DM me on here or via message at Channelup
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

@dship_designs we use mailchimp which is connected and currently send emails to one supplier, but we want to send certain orders to another supplier

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @channelup, we do have product variants yes. Currently all orders go to one supplier (automated), but we'd like to assign a different recipient (another suppliers email) for the new products

0 Likes
Highlighted

What's the data format expected by your suppliers? And what's the communication channel (email, FTP server, API)?

Exporteo can send orders to your supplier based on product vendor or tag.

image.png

Currently only one configuration is possible, but I'm going to add an option to set up multiple configurations.

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @LukaszWiktor, that's a very good question. I don't know yet - I am currently sourcing the supplier - but for the moment we have to send one the orders  by email. So will need to be able to split them (be it based on product type or tags) so that we can continue to do so.