Order printer - Attach an order tag

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

How can I display an order tag (added in my order) to my invoice using Order printer? 

Thanks

Nicolas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
490 50 58

Hello, @nicolaspat.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That’s a great question!

I understand you’re looking to add order tags to your invoice with Order Printer. I’m afraid there isn’t a variable for order tags in Order Printer; however, you can use a variable for the order notes. To do this, you can duplicate the order tags into the note field. By default, the note variable ‘{{ note }}’ is in the template already. Nonetheless, you can change this and move it elsewhere if you’d like. 

As a reminder, here's where you can duplicate the product tags onto the order notes:

21-03-s8eji-xwgdd

Here’s a few screenshots from my test store, there are two note variables on my template so you can see the difference:

21-05-4dr5h-5dces

21-09-ilku0-6nn5j

Here's a preview of my invoice:

21-00-pvlsx-uj4f0

Does this workaround work for you? If you have any other questions on Order Printer, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there! I followed all these steps as I am trying to add order notes to the invoice and/or packing slip templates in Order Printer. But it didn't work I am testing with an order that definitely has a note but nothing shows. Here are screenshots of the 2 places and codes I added. Did I do something wrong?Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 7.22.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 7.22.49 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I realize that what I am trying to add is not in fact an order note, but an item note within the order itself (not a product tag). Please see attached screenshot. Is there a way to add this to the invoice or packing slip template? I even tried with the Order Printer Templates app but what it pulls is the order note instead of this item/product note that I am interested in. This may be a cart attribute added by the pre-order app we're using

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 7.45.14 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
490 50 58

Hey, @veronicamktg.

Welcome to the thread and thanks for the update!

That's a great question! I think you're looking to add the Order attributes, which uses the variable {{ attributes }}. However, since it's related to another app, I can't be sure if that will pull correctly. Feel free to give that a try and let me know how it goes! 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes