Order processed while in test mode

ODO
1 0 0

Hi so i launched my store but didnt realize mt store was still in test mode. 2 of my customers processed their orders in the test one of their payments show in my payout transactions but the other didn't. Did it actually charge them? Can i cancel those orders without losing funds?

0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 89 168

Hi, @ODO 

Real payment cannot be processed when a payment gateway is in test mode. 

You can confirm if an order was created in test mode by selecting the order, scrolling down to the order timeline, and clicking on the amount that was processed like so: 

When orders are processed through Shopify Payments, they will appear in your payouts section in your admin (Settings > Payment providers > View payouts). 

If these orders were not processed in test mode and you are looking to process refunds for your customers, you can follow these steps here. The entire amount will be refunded to the customer, and the credit card fee is still processed, which means it will not be returned to you.

Let me know if this helps! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
glauciaSS
2 0 0

Hi Elle,

Same happened to me, where the store was accidentally on Test Mode and a customer placed an order. 

One gives me the error and test message:

glauciaSS_0-1607031212757.png

But right after it says it was processed, but it's not showing on my payouts:

glauciaSS_1-1607031297979.png

I'm worried if I contact the customer and cancel the order, then she's charged afterwards. Or if I send the item and it's never processed because it was test mode.

Than you,

0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 89 168

Hi, @GL 

I'd like to take a closer look at this order. 

I've sent you an email with the subject line "Shopify Support". 

Please respond for verification purposes and then I can look into your account. 

Thanks! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
zboydstun
2 0 0

Did you ever figure this out? Currently having the same exact problem as you. Let me know!

0 Likes
glauciaSS
2 0 0

Yes, after two or three days, I was able to see the order payment on my payouts and problem solved. 

Have a look at yours and the order should be shown there.

0 Likes