Can Shopify add "Cost Per Item" to the Orders Export file?

Ranae
Visitor
1 0 3

Is there any plan to add "Cost Per Item" to the Orders Export file or is there another way to pull this value with the orders?  The costs of my products vary greatly and are entered when a product is created.  Paying my vendors the profit is very involved without this info. 

Right now, I have to export products & orders, then use multiple lengthy formulas to combine the product and variant options so that I can do a VLookup to get the cost.  It seems like a value that would be critical to many site owners (more so than the Lineitem compare at price) when viewing your sales.

Thank you.

Replies 5 (5)

BeProfit_App
Shopify Partner
75 1 4

Hi Ranae,

The BeProfit - Profit Tracker app could be exactly what you're looking for. You'll get a dashboard that lets you track and analyze your profits and expenses including marketing costs, shipping, production, and more (you can manually enter expenses as well). 

You can use BeProfit to:

• Track your profit history over time
  • Get intuitive visuals and graphs
  • Understand complex business metrics
  • Connect metrics once with smart integrations
  • Spot what factors need improvement to increase profits
  • Make data-driven decisions to optimize your store

Try BeProfit and let us know if you find it helpful. Plus, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve the app, we're always happy to get feedback!

jdalton
Tourist
4 0 5

I'm also looking for this, and was about to ask the same question. I know it's in the Shopify Analytics dashboard, and I can get it from my bookkeeping, but would be nice to be able to run profit reports with the exported sales data.

BeProfit_App
Shopify Partner
75 1 4

Hi jdalton,

The BeProfit - Profit Tracker lets you create custom reports to drill down into any/all of your expense and profit data. You can also schedule reports in advance so you get them emailed to you as often as you wish. Plus - you can export reports for your own bookkeeping/accounting purposes.

If there's anything you find missing in the BeProfit Shopify calculator, you can submit a feature request to the Support Team and they'll respond to you quickly.

Give the app a go, I think you'll find that it adds real value to your store!

sinny1020
Visitor
2 0 2

Yeah I really wish they would add this too. We're just looking to add a single piece of data to the Orders export csv file. It shouldn't take an app that cost hundreds of dollars per year to do this.

CloudlabGeorge
Excursionist
18 2 8

Hi there, 

You can also get this functionality with our free app, Report Toaster: 
https://apps.shopify.com/report-toaster

We have reports specifically for handling Profit calculations on a Product basis, as well as the ability to add item cost to an Orders report. For example, here I just added the column for Cost to an Orders / Line Items report (img 1), but you can handle this in a number of different ways. If you're looking for more of an overall profit breakdown for each of your product variants available on your storefront, we offer that too (img 2). 

Either way, the app is entirely free to use and should provide you with exactly what you're looking for.  

Let me know if you need any help in getting setup?

Thanks! 

2021-10-10_19-39-50.png2021-10-10_19-41-40.png