Orders and printin

Nerosdk71
1 0 0

Hi, I am quite new to Shopify, but I am already really happy about the system. It's easy and great to work with.

However. I have one small problem. We are selling products where we need to print the following when an order is place:

1) Packing list
2) Delivery label
3) Product information

1+2 is easy, but I have not found an App, where I can print a custom product description for all the products on the order.

THe print button MUST be on the order.

I have found a lot of nice apps that can print great product descriptions, but then I need to go to that app, find the products and print them. Since we have a lot of similar products, then the risk of failure is to big.

Therefore: I need a button on the orderhandling page (e.g. next to packaging slip) Where I can print the correct products.

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
474 68 113

Hi, @Nerosdk71!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I've done some research on this with my team today and there are certainly ways you'll be able to add product descriptions to your invoices or packing slips. You'll be able to achieve this with an app by Shopify called Order Printer.

Order Printer

• Preview and print all the documents you need for your orders.
  • Showcase your brand by making customizations in HTML and Liquid.
  • Print packing slips and shipping labels for all your orders.

Order Printer in its default state won't display product information, but it can be added in. Once it is added in, you can automatically include product information on your packing slips and invoices without needing to navigate into the app and select them yourself. It'll pull the data directly from the order. To customise your templates, you'll need to have a basic knowledge of HTML and Liquid or be able to follow instructions on what to edit. We have a few tools available for this.

I'll explain below how you can achieve this, but please note this does require you to edit some code. If you're not comfortable with coding and you're using a free theme from Shopify, then our Support team might be able to help you with this tutorial. Learn more about support for themes here.

Option 1 - Order Printer Templates

Order Printer Templates is an app you can download to create your own templates for the Order Printer app. Here are some of the features:

• Look more professional with branded designs. Customizable Invoice, Receipt, Packing Slip, Return Form and Gift Receipt templates.
  • Super-easy customization to support your stores' needs and branding - takes less than 5 minutes to set up!
  • Each template is a one-time purchase! Fully compatible with Order Printer Pro and the Shopify Order Printer app.

Option 2 - Use Liquid and HTML to edit the packing slip variables

To pull data from any aspect of your orders, you're able to use our guides to edit the code in the Order Printer app. Check out this guide for more information on how to edit, and this guide for variables you can use.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes