Orders with no payment required

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I want to setup a webshop for a closed group of customers (will likely use a registration page and then Locksmith app for controlling customer accounts), and then all products I will be offering will be zero charge and zero shipping.  Therefore I have no need to setup any payment processes, and want any orders submitted to go through to my fulfillment process.  Can zero value orders be processes in Shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 47

Hi, @kbrooks1 !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

You are definitely able to set a product price to $0 and the checkout can have a total value of $0 without issue. However, I would recommend considering the following:

Creating new products

Let's say you have a product that cost $25 and you wish to offer it at $0 for your new fulfillment process. You would need to duplicate this product as a stand alone product priced at $0. It'll be important to ensure that the product is not part of any collection or section on your front facing website so that regular customers don't stumble on it accidentally. 

Shipping profile

With all these new, stand alone products, I would recommend creating a Shipping Profile for them. A shipping profile allows you to categorize a certain group of products that will present a specific kind of shipping rate that is separate from your general shipping rates. In this case, you could create a flat rate based on price for these products that costs $0 for all orders over $0. That way, the customer checking out one of these new products will not encounter any payment that might be linked to your general shipping rates.

* It is important to note that if you plan on allowing these customers to add both the regular and new products in the same checkout process, they may have to pay for shipping for the products that are not part of your new fulfillment process. *

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes