Our site is getting mirrored/copied?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 1

Our site www.jeanswarehousehawaii.com is being mirrored/copied to another domain, www.jeanseason.com. How is this possible? Is there anyway to prevent this?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I think the best person to ask is your developer, or whoever has access to the backend of your site.

Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
121 6 9

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the heccck!!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 1

I just chatted with Shopify support and they believe it's just a private server cloning our site just based on the code the browser can see. Immediate action would be to request a DMCA takedown from the host site. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 1

I'm the sole developer for the site. I was thinking it might be one of the apps that we have installed. The only way I think I can test that is by uninstalling each one

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
121 6 9

why shopify doesn't protect their users from these as all our codes are on the shopify server ??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
121 6 9

by the way how did you knew about it ? the other fake site ? 

how did you knew someone cloned your site ? 

@Markus4xD 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
121 6 9

can you put us the list of apps are you using ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 1

I found out by using google search console. I had 35000 links coming from that site

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 3

Hello!

This really sounds stressful!

Been through this a lot and I have invested money but ended up other stores are benefitting from it. I came across this UNIQUE app, and it is very cool. It detects other stores that use my brand's images and contents. It automatically sends a notification to me through email and it automatically deletes those photos.

Try it. they have a free trial.

https://apps.shopify.com/unique-anti-theft#reviews

Hope this helps.

0 Likes