Over 1300 visitors in the last 90 days and only two sales

Excursionist
19 0 4

Mary, real quick.....your logo is too small and it being in a white box makes it look non-professional. And loose your cut off email within the logo.

The main images are wayyyy too small.  They should "own" the page.  Spend a little money on a better template (mine cost only $150) where you can have your large beauty shots span the entire width of your site.  Check out ours at redsixbrand.com.

0 Likes
Excursionist
19 0 4

Hey Greg.  I'm a professional graphics designer and took 20 minutes out of my day to work up a couple logo idea's for you.  I'm not looking for any payment.  Just was inspired and wanted to help a Shopify brother out.  There's a million directions to go with your logo. I thought this had a nice classic feel and this may also inspire the creative for the rest of your site.  If you aren't into it then thats cool too.  No big loss. Let me know your thoughts and we can even make some tweaks.

2 Likes
Excursionist
19 0 4

Also, consider bringing "About Us" into your main navigation bar.  And you have no CONTACT US any where.  People want to know how to reach you in case theres an issue or if they have questions about product, shipping, tracking, returns...etc...

0 Likes
11 0 0

Greg,

I have worked on web development projects and am working towards a bachelors in the field. Some easy changes you can make is a variation in your color scheme. As you are branding your company you will wan tto choose 2-3 Main colors and maybe 2 additional highlight colors you will use through-out your design whether it is letthead or your website a big thing will be to be consistent. This is a great website that will give you the RGB and Hex values you will need to precisely change the colors https://color.adobe.com/#create/fromacolor. Once you choose a color scheme stick with it. With that being said your logo on your home page has a teal color and then your shop has a sky blue color. Choose a color and make those consistent so that shoppers feel comfortable.

Something that has been mentioned is to make your photos uniform. Many websites either choose a square such as 600px x 600 px or they make it a tall picture. Again choose one and remain consistent. This will really help the overall design of the site and won't take too long. You can use a program such as photoshop to set the size of the image.

I would change the layout of your product view page to give a better description of the product. Check out any retailer site to see how their product descriptions are and mimic that but with your product information using bullet points on the scent, whether it is oil or water based, quantity, whether it is thick or light, whether it gives a shine or is a matte look. Things you would want to know before buying a product.

You have alot of good things and being able to get that much traffic is awesome. I love that when I hover over a product it displays some product info straight off. Keep it going. It takes a long time to google rankings. A way to improve your seo is to make sure your image filenames have product name an type in it.. for example no_name_beard_sweet_orange_balm.jpg ... the name currently is image_6895c462-f1ec-407b-b668-3efda5314b9f_medium.jpg ... google won't be able to give your site any credibility based on that name.

Good luck,

-Trent D Nielson

-Trent N
0 Likes
1 0 0

Deleted post.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

I would update the logo as well. Your products have a historic feel and your logo looks out of place. 

I did a quick mockup to help you out that is attached. 

Good luck with driving sales. 

Tom

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Im no expert on the issue as I need help with my store too.

But first impressions when viewing the store it does appear a little mis-aligned, lacks colour and for some reason (my personal opinion) it felt like a store selling antique goods.

The home page needs something to speak to customers to immediately compute visualizations which say 'we sell Beard products'. Maybe some cool pics of fashionable beards, celebrity pics could work if available without infringing rights and maybe a theme based on current beard fashion, the rough masculine viking look.

When I launched my store it lacked everything and every now and then I worked on it after receiving feedback from family and friends. So I guess the feedback you get from users should be put into action and then hopefully after making changes, drop a new post to request further reviews. Today for the first time I too made a post in the forums to request the same :)

0 Likes
2 0 0

i certainly would like some assistance 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
41 0 3
  • i'd remove the "est. 2015" from your logo and get someone to make a better logo for you.
  • i wouldn't buy for the sole fact that your store looks choppy/hacked together. I don't agree with the color scheme, the gray background on the product page in particular.
  • your product images are small
  • your product thumbnails are blurry
  • on collection pages such as this one , half the page is taken up by that big logo of a bearded man, which seems to serve no purpose. The other half of the page is taken up by extra long, extra blurry, product images. they're so long in fact that I can't hover to see the details, and the price of the product, at the same time.
  • Your search page could be better. Bigger thumbnails, less text

Just my $0.02, wishing you the best!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 0

photos. standardised size and improved quality IMHO.

Your products are cool and you are involved in a growing market  - but you are selling a tactile/experential product in a photogenic media (the internet) - which is hard at the best of times - your photos need to be premium and standardised.

0 Likes