Over charged for Shopify Lite

pop-americana
3 0 0

Hello,

I need help today. I already paid for Shopify Lite and today received an email letting me know about a $312 bill. I have no idea what this is for and breaking it down by month there's no connection to the bill/fee I've already paid. There's no number to call. I would appreciate some customer service help as there are no digestible answers online. 

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
425 48 81

Hi, @pop-americana 

I'd be happy to help you look into this. If you follow the steps below you can see exactly what the charge is for:

1. Login to the Shopify admin
  2. Click Settings in the bottom left hand corner
  3. Click Billing
  4. In the Bills section, open the invoice you want to view information for
  5. From this page, you'll be able to expand each charge to determine exactly what it's for

It sounds like this might be a charge for an annual subscription on Shopify's Basic plan. 

To get in touch with support on this, callbacks can be be requested through our Shopify Support page. To contact our support team, first head to the Help Centre and log into your store. Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be prompted to ask about a topic.
Doing this will present you with links to relevant documentation on our Help Centre, but there will also be an option to contact us directly if you require further help.
Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available. If you don’t yet have a Shopify store or are unable to login, you can choose the “Continue without logging in” option at the start and continue through the same process. Callbacks are available based on support volume and availability. If the option is not appearing, you can opt to use our live chat function, sending an email or try again after waiting for a period of time. 

Hope this helps!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
pop-americana
3 0 0

Thanks Oliver. Are you able to help me get back onto the Lite plan? I definitely did not sign up for the basic plan. I specially went searching for the Lite to start with.

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
425 48 81

@pop-americana 

I can definitely get this sent up to our Billing team to see if we can get that fixed up for you. Typically, changing plans is an action the account owner can take and we'll just prorate the price difference back to the account in subscription credit but once annual plans are involved (If that is indeed what's going on here), we'll need our Billing team to take a look manually.

I'll be sending you an email to the email address you have listed with your Shopify Community account. That way we can get you authenticated and take a closer look into this together!

Talk to you soon!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
pop-americana
3 0 0
Thanks Oliver. Yes, this entire time I thought I had been signed up for the
Lite platform. I went through the whole billing process for 1 year for
Lite. So I don't need a credit, but rather a refund of the $200 difference
as that's a big delta between the two rates. However I can get this fixed
as soon as possible, would be much appreciated.

Nick
0 Likes
Pepper_44
2 0 0

Hello I had the exact same problem and I was charged recently on 06/25/21, I would like to request the same plan switch and my money back. Please advise!

0 Likes