Overcharged on monthly subscription

HWHR
Visitor
1 0 0

I was reviewing my subscription charges from Shopify over the last 3 months and have been overcharged. Can someone from Shopify please help me with this?

Replies 9 (9)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hi, @HWHR!

I'm Ava from Shopify Support, I'd like to look into this further for you now.

When it comes to billing, we try to be as transparent as possible so you understand what you are paying for. So I'd like to gather some more context on your recent invoices! If you go to Settings > Billing, you can see your recent bills. If you click on any of your invoices, you'll see a breakdown of what you were charged for. In cases like this where a merchant sees some overcharging, it can sometimes come from an app that was not deleted before the free trial period ran out. Or it can sometimes come from transaction fees for lots of orders at once! 

Are there charges there in your Billing section you're not sure about? When did you notice the extra charges showing up? Are the extra charges for the same amount each time?

Once I have a little more information, we can take things from there. Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luxenlavish
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello hoping someone can help please 

I think I've been charged 2x  for month of June 

Other months its just been the 31.90 once .and in space of 4 days I've been charged twice 

Please can someone look into this for me 

Thank you 

hushpuppydog
Tourist
7 0 3

I need a response too!   I thought I was supposed to be charged by the month and I just got a charge for nearly $1000!  WTF Shopify?

hushpuppydog
Tourist
7 0 3

I don't know how you people do your math, but $29.95 plus $9.95 in app fees is not over $900!  Even if you charged me by the year the bill would not be nearly $1000!  I am so pissed at you people right now and I demand better customer service than this!  So does everyone else who's getting ripped off!

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hi, @hushpuppydog,

I'm so sorry to hear that! I can understand the frustration here. Could you check in the admin section if you selected a monthly billing cycle or an annual cycle? Judging by the price you've mentioned, it sounds like you may have selected the Shopify plan on an annual billing cycle. The Shopify subscription plan is $79 USD per month, but if you decide to be billed on an annual cycle instead of monthly, the fee is roughly $850 USD (as you save 10% on annual billing). 

Could you go to Settings > Plan and let me know what your current subscription plan is? We can take things from there!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

hushpuppydog
Tourist
7 0 3

It says, 

Basic Shopify

But, you charged me $850 30 to 90 days ago

hushpuppydog
Tourist
7 0 3

I'm sorry.  You are not overcharging.  It appears we did speak to you about this and the $852 was refunded. I was just not aware of it as I should have been. 

SHOPIFY* 11955574 09/28 REFUND ELK GROVE VIL IL DEBIT CARD *****. 

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

No problem at all, @hushpuppydog!

I'm glad you found a solution to this, and that you were refunded for the subscription plan. Do let me know if you have any further questions on your billing, or setting up your Shopify store in general! How are you finding the set-up process so far?

FukShop1fy
Visitor
1 0 0

Absolutely ridiculous, I supposed to be charged $1 a month, after 4 months why am I being charged $900?!? Nobody has even bought anything from me!!!! How do they expect me to pay that off?!??