PAYPAL PAYMENT PRO NOT WORKING

4 0 0

I have tried unsuccessfully to get paypal payment pro to work on my shopping cart for over a month now. I have spoken to maybe 5 different shopify gurus and numerous paypal gurus. I have had shopify tell me that this does not work in the US, I have had shopify tell me it only works in the US. Well it finally was moved to the IT department at shopify after about a month and here is what shopify told me: Paypal Payment Pro is no longer being supported on shopify because nobody was signing up for it. Here is my question? IS THIS REALLY TRUE. I HAVE HAD SO MANY SHOPIFY REPS TRY AND GET IT TO WORK AND NONE OF THEM COULD.  Why did these shopify reps not know this. It has been 5 weeks of talking to rep after rep after rep at shopify. I am completely worn out and disgusted. It is a complete shame. I spent months uploading and resizing 1,500 product images. Can anyone shed any light. I mean am I the only one that this is happening to. Thank you for the help.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 2 38

Hi, there!

Lisa here from the Shopify Social Care team. 

While I haven't seen your store, I can confirm that Paypal Pro 'Flow' is still an option for eligible merchants in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. Here is more information about Paypal Payflow credit card processing gateway provided by Paypal.

Given Paypal approves your merchant account, as a Shopify merchant you can still use Paypal Payflow Gateway as your main credit card processor for your store. What this means is you cannot have any other credit card payment processor for your store. 

If you are having errors with putting transactions through, this would be supported on Paypal's since their gateway is fully processing the transaction. However, we're always happy to take a look at it as far as we can from our end.

Feel free to reply with specifics about the errors you're experiencing with this Gateway so we can help identify and find possible solutions. 

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks sooo much for responding Lisa, we appreciate it. We surmised that we would have to go with Paypal Pro Flow ultimtely, and we knew we could use this from the start. I just wished we had known that we could not use Paypal Payment Pro. You get it. It would have saved much frustration. So on you end, I guess one could say that Paypal Payment Pro is indeed phased out. All good, we will go with Paypal Pro Flow. Everythng will just be processed through Paypal. On the shopify cart, I presume the other credit card logos in additon to the Paypal logo: MC, Visa, AMEX, etc will still be visible (everything processed through Paypal behind the scenes, of course). Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 2 38

You are so welcome! I'm so glad this helped to clarify the situation. I wish we could have made this clearer from the start that it's now just one of two options for Paypal on Shopify:

1. PayPal Payflow (Which replaces Pro) and accepts credit cards.
  2. PayPal Express Checkout which requires customers to have a Paypal account. 

I'm very pleased you're able to progress with the new Paypal Payflow. Depending on your theme these credit card logos will be pulled through automatically for the credit cards that Paypal processes. If it does not do this automatically you can manually code the credit card's icons to the footer of your site, here's how to add the payment icons.

Let me know how you get on with this if you have any further questions. 

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks for the clarification. Why is the Paypal Payment Pro option still on the shopping carts. Even the shopify guru I spoke to could not undrstand why. Maybe it's because my theme is about 8 months old. Could that be the reason. Oh well. All good.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0
Good day, I used paypal payments pro for my stores because it is very convenient, now I can’t connect a single payment system in any way, I don’t want to get in touch with Russian banks, because there are harsh conditions for small businesses and a very large corporate account complicated. Paypal Payments Pro was an excellent option for us and we could easily accept payments and process orders now it is considered impossible. I have a Russian-language blog for learning how to set up Shopify and all subscribers have a problem with the payment system only. If you return this function back, there are a lot of people willing to start a business with Shopify in Russia
0 Likes