PDF Upload Issues on Shopify Page-Not showing and/or error messages.

itsud1021
Tourist
8 0 1

When attempting to upload & insert a pdf file into a page I am getting a corrupt error message. I had previously tried to insert content as a png image. I was losing clarity on the image and would prefer to have the links in it available. I created the original image on canva. I have it saved in pdf, png & jpeg as I was playing with viewing quality.

I have uploaded the pdf in my site files under settings, copied the url. On the page I want to insert the content, I am clicking insert image, url option, paste url (as is in my file settings), click insert. I either get a little broken picture link or nothing visible. When I check html it shows as there, but is not view-able, (yes I clicked save to the page). For giggles I tried to inset via upload directly from the page I am working on. I am getting an error message that the files is corrupt and to try again. I have even tried a pdf without any links, and resizing it. The largest version is only 3.28 MB. It's a very simple pdf.

I tried clearing the cache in my browser. Restarting my computer (you never know..) Same results. I have tried on a regular page and a blog post page. I have tested the url that is generated in the file settings. It shows exactly how it should. I know the process did recently work as I successfully uploaded the content as a pdf once last night. I found a few errors in the text of the pdf I wanted to change, so I deleted the file. Did my editing and then went and started to process over to reload it. I gave up last night because I was exhausted. It's a brand new and I am still having the same issues.

Any help or guidance would be most appreciated.

0 Likes

Did you view the live page after you saved it? The text editor won't render files properly on the backend sometimes but looks fine on the front end.

Making Shopify Tasks Straight Forward. Contact me directly to get help with your Shopify website quickly and painlessly.

0 Likes
itsud1021
Tourist
8 0 1

Absolutely. That's how I determined it wasn't working. I always check. When add the pdf in I either get this:PDF issue.PNG or nothing at all. It changes on how it presents from time to time. I did try throughout the day yesterday. I have a placeholder png there now, but I need to be able to use the pdf format so I can have clickable links. Any ideas? Have you experienced this before?

0 Likes

I haven't seen this before but you can still make png's clickable.

Making Shopify Tasks Straight Forward. Contact me directly to get help with your Shopify website quickly and painlessly.

itsud1021
Tourist
8 0 1

I know, I think this is what I will have to do until there is a resolution to this issue. The reason for using the pdf over a png was for visual clarity and because it is informational and there are links in the text that correspond to the text. So instead of 6 very specific links, I either have to be general with one link, or find a new way to map the marketing with another landing page or the like.

0 Likes
valentina04
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi, did you ever find a solution for this? I am struggling with the same issue.

0 Likes
Sgroi
1 0 0

Has anyone figured this out yet? I am having this issue now.

0 Likes
TreeBuddees
5 0 0

Hi, have you solved this? I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes