PLEASE HELP - ID Verification Failed

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am trying to upload documents for identity and address verification a pop up appears saying "additional document back file upload cant be blank" even though there is no option to upload an additional document back file. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
452 33 63

@nalajewellery wrote:

I am trying to upload documents for identity and address verification a pop up appears saying "additional document back file upload cant be blank" even though there is no option to upload an additional document back file. Can anyone help?

Hi, @nalajewellery!

Sophia here from Shopify. I'd be happy to help you out with this. Since this issue is specific to your admin and uploading sensitive information, I have sent you an email so we can take a look into the account. Whenever you have a chance, please respond to that email with your .myshopify.com URL. Thank you so much!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Sofia, I am having the exact same issue. Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
452 33 63

@Sully0405 wrote:

Hi Sofia, I am having the exact same issue. Please help!

Hi, @Sully0405!

My apologies for the delay in responding to you here. If you're still experiencing this issue, please try toggling the driver's license option of the form to something else and then back again. This is a temporary workaround that should resolve the issue. In the meantime, our team is looking into fixing the form so that the other document upload field is present without having to toggle off and on. Let me know if you still require assistance and I'd be happy to get in touch via email to take a closer look into the account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello Sophia,

Can you please help, I am having the same issue ``Additional document back file upload can't be blank´´. Can’t able to upload the documents.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
452 33 63

@giuseppe5277 wrote:

Hello Sophia,

Can you please help, I am having the same issue ``Additional document back file upload can't be blank´´. Can’t able to upload the documents.

Hi, @giuseppe5277!

I can see you posted on several threads about this and have also been emailing with our Support team. If the document upload still isn't working for you, please respond directly to your open email ticket and our team can take a closer look at the account. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello @Sophia,

I have the same Problem, too. But here we have a special case, I think. 

I am registred with my E-Mail and I'm currently the admin, (it was my colleague before). But I'm an employee in the e-commerce team of a beauty brand. 

So we are launching our second brand with shopify. For the verification, we have to send the Driver Licence / Passport of our General Manager because of legal reasons. 

So there is another name than mine written. 

However, the pictures do also not upload. 

Could you please help? 

Thanks a lot!

Jenny

jenny.tietz@loccitane.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
452 33 63

Hi, @melvitade!

If you're uploading documents in response to a request for Shopify Payments, it should be okay for you to upload the documents for whoever is listed on the Shopify Payments account, even if that person isn't the current account owner for the store. 

Can you tell me a bit more about what happens when you try to upload documents? Which browser(s) and device(s) have you tried? There might just be an issue with a browser extension getting in the way of the upload field, but more details will help me determine whether our team needs to reset something on our end. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello @Sophia ,

thanks a lot for your quick answer. 

I tried it with chrome and firefox and on two different laptops. 

And I also tried to upload JPG and PNG files. It can't upload. Is it possible to send them to somebody to do it manually? 

Thanks for the answer,

Jenny

jenny.tietz@loccitane.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
452 33 63

I appreciate that you tried a couple different browsers and devices. Can you please clarify what you mean when you say it won't upload? Is there an error message coming up when you attempt to attach a file?

0 Likes