PLEASE HELP URGENTLY MONEY DEDUCTED FOR NOTHING

Timelight
1 0 0

I have closed this shop down more than a month ago, i deleted the account from shopify app. Never did i know the shopify $79 plan was automatically selected, now it deducted $95 from my PayPal account without me even knowing the store exists. That was all i had in my paypal, i needed to pay things. I didn't even get an email or a reminder or anything. This is really unacceptable. How do i get a refund? 

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
721 71 129

Hi @Timelight,

Hyde here from Shopify. 

I just wanted to clarify that simply deleting the Shopify App doesn't close the account. To close the account you will need to log in to the store admin and perform the following steps yourself as we cannot close a store on behalf of a merchant for security reasons:

Please note: Closure is immediate, so I would strongly suggest downloading any Invoices, Inventory CSVs, or documentation you may need for future reference before following the steps below!

1. Go to Settings > Account
  2. Scroll down to Store Status
  3. You’ll see the option to Pause or Close your store
  4. Enter your password when prompted and click Confirm

It is only after you've closed your store that we will be able to dig into possible refunds options! Once you've closed your store you can reach out to support who will address that for you.

All the best Hyde 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
GloriaI
1 0 0

I have a question. I deleted an app, but the monthly payment is still processing. I reached to the app customer support and they: The amount automatically got deduct from Shopify according to your billing cycle, please contact Shopify for the refund, they will confirm with us and we will approve from our end.
This is the process that every merchant has to follow.

But I can't find how to reach Shopify support for this. How can I contact them?

0 Likes