POD and Fufillment

Solved
Tourist
3 0 0

If I have Printify and Printful POD products, and they are drop shipping for me, what do I need to set as shipping rates? the default rates that auto filled on my settings page make no sense. Printify and its printers will charge me by product. How do I set that up for my customers? I seem to be only able to set up shipping rates by weight, which makes no sense if I am going to be charged by quanity of items. Can someone please explain?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
359 30 59

Hello @NorthRico

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, here to help. 

When it comes to setting up shipping rates using the Printful integration, you'll need to decide whether you want to use weight-based or flat rate to calculate what the customer will be charged in shipping. You can use this chart to help match your Shopify shipping rates to the rates from Printful. This is a really helpful article which delves into each method and how to create shipping groups for certain product types depending on their cost to ship. 

Another option would be to pull live shipping rates directly from Printful. This means you can bypass setting up weight-based or flat rates and instead use the same live rates that Printful uses to ship from their warehouse. The benefits are ease of use, quick set-up and accuracy. In order to do so, you'll need to be on an advanced Shopify plan, any annual plan OR you can add carrier calculated shipping to your store for $20USD/month. Feel free to reach out to our 24/7 live support at any time to get that set up. 

These same general directions apply for Printify as well. You can find their specific directions here. 

That should get you all set up! Are you new to Print on Demand? In case you haven't seen it, we have an excellent Shopify Academy course on POD you can check out here. It's completely free! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Trailblazer
134 8 13

Hi @NorthRico,

We wrote a whole guide on how to add a shipping rate on Shopify, maybe it's what you need. We also have many relevant links point to different articles about shipping rate, I think it would be helpful to you.

Cheers.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Appreciate your time thanks

0 Likes