POS Loyalty

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 17

Hi,

I own a clothing retail store and I would like to offer an automatic 5% discount to my registered customers if they are subscribed to my newsletter.  Does anyone know if any app can do this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
673 50 148

Hi, @Alejandro_Manue!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Offering return customers a discount is a great idea. This can definitely increase your customer retention rate and boost sales. 

There are most definitely some apps that will allow you to do this in your retail store. We actually have a collection of POS Loyalty and Promotions apps I recommend checking out. A few, in particular, I recommend include Loyalty & Rewards Program, Swell Loyalty & Rewards, and Smile: Rewards & Loyalty.

All three of these apps integrate directly with Shopify's POS and also allow your customers to accrue loyalty points for purchases, sign-ups, subscriptions, birthdays, and more. With these points, you can choose to offer incentives like discounts, free shipping, and free gifts. If you plan on offering a loyalty or rewards program online as well, these apps will also integrate with your online store. Taking a look at these apps, it looks like you should be able to offer your subscribed customers an automatic discount, however, it would be best to take advantage of their free trials if you're curious as to how it can be setup.

These apps are all pretty popular and have some great reviews. Best of all, the developers offer full support, so if you ever have any specific questions are require any assistance with the setup, you can always reach out via the Support section on their app pages. 

As you consider each of these apps, I suggest checking out our blog post, How to Craft a Loyalty Program Your Customers Won't Ignore. This post is specifically geared towards merchants with brick and mortar stores and offers some great tips on how you can boost customer retention with loyalty programs and in-store discounts. It also includes a few examples of successful retail loyalty programs to help get you inspired. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
41 1 64

Hi,

Both Growave and Selly United have loyalty programs that works on POS (though Growave is expensive).

Both apps have a slew of other features which make them worth the cost.

Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 17

Thank you both for your help, I will try both of them although I think neither of those does what i want.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
41 1 64
Selly allows you to create discounts based off of customer tags. So long as your newsletter customers have a tag of 'newsletter' or something, you could create a 5% off discount that only works for customers with that tag.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

That's a really good strategy to keep your customers engaged with the brand! 

I think the app, FLITS, can also help you set up a loyalty program for your POS customers. And if you choose to also run the same online, it has the ability to tackle that as well. 

0 Likes