Howdy - I am looking to setup a POS solution in Aus. we have been using Shopify for 5+ years for e-commerce store and POS off and on for trade-shows. Now we need to setup a property POS setup for a new showroom later this year. What I can tell you is that if you want a fully integrated Shopify POS solution with integrated card reader... you cant get it with shopify alone. You have a few options - which I am reviewing...
1) Shopify POS with a 3rd party card terminal... like Square (https://squareup.com/au/en/hardware/terminal).
This means you either use a barcode scanner to scan items at checkout OR tap/swipe and add items to cart via iPad etc. After adding items to the order, you then manually enter the amount into the card reader (like cafe's, restaurants do)... and process the payment. Once this is successfully paid... you mark the Shopify POS orders as "paid". In Shopify POS you setup a manual payment (settings section)... you select this option... and shopify marks it as paid. There is no call out to card reader or online cc payment.
2) If you want a POS solution that integrates with a card reader in Australia... so after adding items in cart you select payment... then it passes the amount to card reader... (without manually entering it - like option 1 above)... you could look at ConnectPOS... its a POS app on the shopify app store.. its fully integrated with Shopify. It comes integrated to Tyro (card readers) and they claim they can also integrate with Square card readers?... Apparently their solution syncs with shopify inventory, sales, orders etc. I am talking to them about our needs... because i've read many customers who hate the new POS upgrade by shopify...
The other factor is hardware. What sort of POS checkout you want?... in Au the following are recommended for h/w solutions...
hope this helps..?
Hi Bridget - we are about to open a showroom and would love to know from you:
1) Do you use any barcode scanners - recommendations?
2) POS hardware for the iPad?... stands
3) Square card reader... assume you have to manually enter the sales $amount into the square card terminal?... its not populated with the sale total from Shopify POS?
thx a heap!
wondering if this is a recent update? https://hardware.shopify.com.au/products/wisepad-3-reader
this seems to be a hardware product that works specifically with Australian Shopify. Does anyone have any experience with that one?