POS in Australia

1 0 0

Hello

I was wondering if anybody could provide feedback in regards to using Shopify POS in their physical store in Australia? I currently use Vend which is integrated with a Shopify website. I would love to simplify the process.

Thanks

G

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
165 0 5

Hello Gill,

Matt here from the Guru Team! :-)

I encourage everyone in Australia with experience with Shopify POS to share here! :-)I also wanted to share the following sites that can help one find POS hardware in Australia as well external card readers. I am not on commission so please do not feel obligated to purchase. I just wanted to share to help out.  :-)

Shopify Supported Hardware

Some POS Hardware Suppliers

Some Recommended POS Card Readers

I hope this helps and you have an excellent day! 

Matt

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi,

I am looking for a short-term solution to use in markets/pop-up store in Australia.  Can I use the Shopify POS?  What hardware to I need to get?

Thanks,
Amy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Gill and Amy. Not a Shopify POS expert, but yes, you can use it for markets, stores, pop-ups, etc. The exact gear you need depends on your situation. Classic answer, it depends. Do you just want to process sales?

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Yes, just process sales.  Where can I get the card reader?

Thanks Joshua.

0 Likes

Gorilla Lab are the go to guys in Australia: https://gorillalab.com.au

My expertise is in growth and marketing and I refer my clients to them for gear and POS issues.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Tourist
68 0 2

Hi,

We are a 40 year old clothing store in Australia that as of March this year ditched our Manual entry super OLD registers for the complete shopify POS and website.

Here's a short account of out experience after the switch in a pro / cons type dealio

Pros:
- Stock tracking is Great and the intergration with our website has really opened up our online options.

- Easy to use most of the time

- It stores alot of useful data that you can use to refine your business like customers per day, busy periods, buying patterns ect..

- Fantastic Support

Cons:

- It's American... well Canadian... which took some adjusting to the way they do things. 

- Creating a lay-by is just called a partial payment.. So odd.. keeps confusing the older staff lol

- The system won't allow a refund inside of another sale.. so if a customer paid card one day came to exchange and take extra stock the enxt day and wants to pay by cash you have to first complete the card refund and then go to a new sale and go through the cash.. instead of of jsut having 1 sale which includes the refund and the amount left to pay on the new stock (This one is a particular pain for us)

There a ton more 

If you want to ask anything more specific ill be happy to answer

Kindest Regards,
Reece

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi Reece!  Thanks very much for the feedback.  I appreciate you detailing how you find it.

Joshua or Reece - do you know where I can just get the Card Reader?  I do not want the full Retail solution, as I only have a short-term market/pop-up requirement.  

https://hardware.shopify.com/collections/card-readers/products/card-reader?variant=324272431

I have found the product online (as above), but it does not ship to Australia.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Tourist
68 0 2

Sorry Amy :( we are using external bank eftpos machines :( We felt like going the card reader would add doubt to our customers as its a wierd thought to allow someones ipad or phone to scan your details. 

I swear i saw on the back end in the admin that there was an option to have one of these shipped to me ... im unsure tho... 

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Not a problem, Reece.  I also saw in the admin an option to ship as well.  But, the store shows US only. 

Will keep investigating..

0 Likes