POS

MapleCraftLA
1 0 0

I have a crafts retail store and I was wondering do I need to use an Ipad for POS so that I can charge people at the register? Or can I use an android tablet? 

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 67 120

Hi, @MapleCraftLA!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I'd love to help you out today. Let's dive right into how our POS offering compares on both iOS and Android and what makes more sense for your business.

Just a quick disclaimer that if you do choose to use an Android tablet you are currently limited to the Shopify POS Classic app. If this makes sense for your business, then let's continue looking at some of the capabilities developed for each type of device. 

Shopify POS has different features on iPad, iPhone, and Android devices. Use the following device comparison to help decide which device has the features that you need:

28-02-pkoru-2onko

28-04-km3d8-pxdz6

28-06-swz5x-gq8oc

28-06-giqb8-agjvj

I trust this will give you more insight into how each device compares with our POS offering, and make the most informed decision for your business.

If you have further questions or concerns, please let me know and I'd love to help.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
RockyPines
1 0 0

Can you use a cash register, receipt printer and barcode scanner with the POS classic app (Android system)?

Will there be an android version of the new POS for tablets or phones?

0 Likes

Hi @MapleCraftLA,

If you're looking for a POS that is compatible with both iPad and Android tablets, ConnectPOS can be the perfect choice for you.

Famous for its compatibility with both PC and mobile devices (iOS and Android), ConnectPOS has been trusted by more than 500 Shopify retailers. We can definitely support your in-store performance based on your chosen devices.

Moreover, the PWA Consumer app is available for your service! With the app, your shopping journey will be simpler since you can use your mobile devices to scan barcodes and checkout right in-app.

For more information, you can take a look at our app here!

ConnectPOS - Shopify POS app for PC, Android, iOS, omnichannel retail, inventory control.
0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 67 120

Hi, @RockyPines.

Welcome to Shopify Community and thank you for your question.

At this time, our Android POS is more limited than its' iOS counterpart for POS Classic as well. While card readers are supported, no other hardware is supported on Android POS yet. We certainly hope to expand our all-new POS offering to include Android, but we have no announcements available to share at this time.

With that being said, you can stay updated with us on our changelog page

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes