Solved

Is PayPal Express payment gateway PSD2 compliant for CBD sellers?

rich_a_potter
Visitor
2 0 0

OK so there's a lot of info on here but nothing conclusive, can someone advise me if my paypal express payment gateway which I'm going to use on my Shopify store is PSD2 compliant, yes, or no.

I can't use shopify payments because I'm selling CBD products.

Accepted Solution (1)
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 573 1323

This is an accepted solution.

I think payments@shopify.com but the point is moot you'll be arguing into the wind if you think you can get them to change international laws.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 573 1323

You need to contact a vendor directly for such things that need an official answer such as payment gateway legalities.

Even if a forum user or shopify staff answers they DO NOT represent that company in way that protects you.

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

rich_a_potter
Visitor
2 0 0

ok so I should write to PayPal for this.

Do you know who I can contact higher up at Shopify regarding the fact I can't use their payments system for CBD  sales ?

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 573 1323

This is an accepted solution.

I think payments@shopify.com but the point is moot you'll be arguing into the wind if you think you can get them to change international laws.

MonsterMagic
Tourist
5 0 2

I have found to my cost the answer is no.
It does work if no addition costs such as shipping are added after the user logs into PayPal.
Neither PayPal nor Shopify have been helpful in getting PayPal Express to work with shipping costs.