Packages shipped UPS through Shopify, can I redirect?

Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 6

I shipped a package from a customer using a UPS label bought and printed through the Shopify system. The customer later said they gave me the wrong address. Is there any way I can change the delivery address? I thought Shopify passed it through to our regular UPS account but it's not showing up in our UPS account, at least yet.

Also same customer said they didn't get any 2nd day shipping options. My account is set up to offer 2nd day shipping options if available, and using UPS's web site I did see those options, but I didn't see any when trying to ship through the Shopify system.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
112 10 32

You can't change addresses once it has shipped. You may want to give the post office a call and weigh out your options with them. I've never had this exact situation before, but that's what i would do. If all else fails, you could be the good guy and re send a new package as a write off, or have the customer re order the package at a discount, or have the customer order again with a normal price. Hopefully it's not too high of a ticketed item, or else that customer service solution isn't cost effective. Hopefully you get this figured out, and generate a happy customer. 

I am a multi-disciplined web developer with years of experience working with several languages and frameworks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 6

UPS isn't post office. UPS does have a package redirect service but it's not accessible to me because I bought the label through Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
112 10 32

Oh i'm sorry, i misread that as usps. You may have purchased the label through shopify, but ups is responsible for the package. Again, i would check all avenues of solving this issue. Wish you the best of luck. 

I am a multi-disciplined web developer with years of experience working with several languages and frameworks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

You can request UPS to 'Deliver to another address'. You just have to trace the shipment in your UPS account, and click on 'Request Intercept'. On triggering this, UPS will provide 4 different options :
- return to sender
- deliver to another address
- reschedule delivery
- will call
You can select the second option and proceed with it. This should resolve your problem.

Regarding the problem of 2nd day shipping options not showing, kindly note that if your transit time is 2 days or less, UPS 2nd day options are not displayed with Shopify's default options. To overcome this, you can opt for an external app like Multi carrier Shipping label app. With this, you will be able to get both UPS Ground as well as 2day options on your checkout.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
29 0 6

The tools on UPS's web site didn't apply when the label was printed through Shopify's tool. Maybe it's changed since the time I needed to this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
2 0 1

I'm having the same problem - and this is relatively common for us large volume shippers. No one has yet posted a viable solution that I can see.

A customer entered their address wrong and I need to Intercept, but in order to do so, you need to be able to look up the package from inside your UPS account. Since the label was purchased through Shopify's UPS account, we don't have direct access/control as far as I can tell... Can anyone shed light on how to do this? This is going to be a big deal as the holidays really hit.

0 Likes