PageSpeed Insights conditionally turn off the discount popup

Tourist
5 0 1

whenever I do analysis on pagespeed insights it will popup the discount popup enabled for first time visitor is it possible to turn that off so when pageSpeed insights is analyzing it won't show the popup?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
1104 88 246

I don't think so, but that brings up a good point: you should set a delay on your popup so it doesn't affect load speed, also to improve the user experience (people don't want a popup right when they visit the site, give them some time to get to know your brand a bit, your conversions on the popup will increase as a result).

Or another strategy is to use an "exit intent popup". Then it only shows when it detects the user is leaving the page.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

Entrance popups are bad for user experience and for conversions by consequence. I would remove it completely

0 Likes