Partner account locked for very unclear reason

_DTECO_
Tourist
5 1 1

Just set up a partner account and started submitting my apps. I have successfully submitted an app and it is still live on Shopify App Store now. On the 2nd application, Shopify was rejected on the very unclear basis that my account was at risk of harm. What the risk is, they do not explain. Shopify immediately blocked my partner account while my approved was still on the App Store and I was unable to support my existing customers.

I found this to be a very subjective and arbitrary decision on the part of Shopify, and the way Shopify explained their decision also gave me a very inhibited feeling.

Does Shopify not want to accept new developers? Anyone having the same problem as me?

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on dtecoapp@gmail.com regarding any help
0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
134 17 10

Hello @_DTECO_ !

This is Lana from Shopify. Sorry to hear that you are having this issue, I understand that this is frustrating. 

I wanted to check - have you at any point received any emails from us regarding your account or apps? If you have, the quickest way to get to the bottom of this would be by replying directly to one of those emails, as that way the team that was working on the case will be able to take a closer look at it for you and see what the next steps are. 

If you did not receive any emails that you can reply to, could you please contact our live support here? The reason I am redirecting you to our live support is because we do not currently have the ability to look into your account details through the Shopify Community.

If you have any doubts or questions here at all, please do not hesitate to ask me here.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
_DTECO_
Tourist
5 1 1

Hi @Lana,

I contacted many times to ask about my application rejection (three times live chat to be exact) and I also received an email saying my account is at risk. And then, immediately close my account. That's why I'm here to ask a question.

What bothers me is that Shopify only comes to their own conclusions, I don't understand on what basis they are based. Furthermore, one of my apps is still there, customers are still contacting support and there's nothing I can do to help them. It's helpless and frustrating!

0 Likes
_DTECO_
Tourist
5 1 1

Hi @Lana,

Do you have any updates for me?

0 Likes