Solved

Pause and build plan with annual billing

mariakorh
Visitor
1 0 0

I have had my Shopify store for about 8 months now but I have come to the conclusion that I want to make some changes to my site and store. I would like to enter the "pause and build" -plan for some time. The thing that worries me is that I have annual billing for my current plan and I have already paid the plan for this year. Is the "pause and build"-plan going to work with annual billing? Am I going to lose the money I paid for the whole year or is the annual billing going to adjust to the new lowered price?

I really couldn't find any information on this and I just wanted to make sure that I don't actually lose money doing this. Thank you for the help in advance.

Accepted Solution (1)

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @mariakorh!

The pause and build plan can certainly work with annual billing, however you will need to re-select the annual option after downgrading (as it will reset to monthly after making the change). As for what you've pre-paid already, the difference will be credited to your account and applied to any future invoices. Hope that helps! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @mariakorh!

The pause and build plan can certainly work with annual billing, however you will need to re-select the annual option after downgrading (as it will reset to monthly after making the change). As for what you've pre-paid already, the difference will be credited to your account and applied to any future invoices. Hope that helps! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TheSlowMoCo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I have paid on an annual plan but just paused my site to 'pause and build'. I can't find an option to turn this from monthly to annual billing. Can you please help?