Pause or close store?

Solved
MJJtimes
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi There

we are building a store but we hit some legal issues our end and we therefore paused the store for 90 days - this has no run out and its gone to pause and build $9 plan

we are not near launching it yet and no longer building it - and still have issues. If i close the store do we lose all we have built so far and have to start again from the beginning??

MJ
0 Likes
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
238 41 60

It really depends on how long you plan to keep it paused. Generally speaking, pausing is a solid option if you have done substantial work on your site and do not want to lose it.

If I remember correctly if you close the store, Shopify does keep a backup for a short period of time, but there is no guarantee they will be able to recover it anytime past the time frame. In past they've kept backups for about 30 days.

I hope I've answered your question!

- I help businesses with eCommerce and Marketing Technology integrations.
- For consulting work inquiries, please send me a Private Message.
- Presently working in Toronto, CANADA.
MJJtimes
Tourist
3 0 0

ok thanks - perhaps several months or more... some issues to overcome behind the scenes. I was just curious if we could close it and then reactivate it later when we resubscribe to save the monthly fee when not doing anything on it

0 Likes
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
238 41 60

This is an accepted solution.

IMO, not worth the risk if you have done substantial work. Pausing is usually the way to go you plan on coming back.

- I help businesses with eCommerce and Marketing Technology integrations.
- For consulting work inquiries, please send me a Private Message.
- Presently working in Toronto, CANADA.
MJJtimes
Tourist
3 0 0

OK thanks - right now we are a bit uncertain so perhaps we may need to close it in the future. i was just curious if we would lose it all.

0 Likes