Paused store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there a way I can just access my admin section for my paused store without paying the $30 monthly plan when I just need to access my billing and order page to print for tax purposes. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @dbclarke1402!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out to access your store.

Whilst on the paused plan, access to your admin is restricted unless you're on a paid plan. With that said, I'm about to send you an email to the email address registered on your profile with some questions. Could you please reply to that email so I can grant you temporary access to your store?

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi there, my client also paused its store on the free trial and had chosen a plan. He now can't see any of the apps and some of them were on the free trial. Is there a way for him to make sure he doesn't --get charged from these apps while he paused the store? Thank you. Link to his store is here - quick-floors.myshopify.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @kristinaadel!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for the question.

We have two types of pause plans. The first is known as Full Pause, the second is known as the Pause and Build plan. If your client is on the Full Pause plan, that means access to the store is removed during this time, and all charges (included apps) are halted. This plan lasts for 90 days before being switched to the Pause and Build plan. If at any point during the 90 days your client would like to reactivate the account, they can do so by logging into their account, selecting a plan and making payment for that new plan which will restart charges for apps and the platform going forward.

The Pause and Build plan is $9 per month. This plan has full access to the admin, including the storefront- but the checkout would be disabled. This plan has no time limit, so you can be on it indefinitely as long as you pay each month. All app charges would still be applicable on this plan.

To check which paused plan your client is on, ask them to log in. If they're presented with a payment screen asking them to select a plan, then they're on the full pause plan and will not have any invoices for 90 days. If they are able to log in without seeing a request to select a plan, then they are on a paid plan, meaning apps would be charged as normal.

You can learn more about pausing your store in our help center guide.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Miles I too paused my Shopify account last week as we are not ready to start trading online. I need access to my 3 invoices for tax statement reasons but cannot access them. Can you send me copies of these invoices please or advise how I can access the account?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @scarr23!

Thanks for your question. The full pause plan is similar to closing your store, except you have the option of reactivating within 90 days without the risk of losing the data. This means without payment, you're not able to access your account at all. In order to retrieve the data you need, you'll need to select a paid plan option so you can access your account.

1. Log in and select the Basic Plan ($29 USD per month). You'll be charged the $29 once you confirm the plan.
  2. You'll then be able to access the documents you need.
  3. Head over to Settings > Plan and Permissions and choose the option to pause your store again.
  4. As you would have already paid $29, you'll be provided with a $29 credit on your account. This will come off future subscription charges once you've reopened your store.

If you think you'll need to continue access to your store during the paused period, you might be better off choosing our pause and build plan. At $29 USD/month, you'll be able to access your store and storefront fully while you work on it. Your only limitation would be the checkout would be disabled, meaning customers cannot checkout. As you'd have full access to the admin, you'll be able to log in at any time.

To learn more about how billing and credits work, please see this guide.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all around this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Miles I understand that as it's explained on your website. However you have taken payment for a business service and I cannot access the invoice paperwork.

In effect you are asking me to pay you to access invoice copies. I suspect that may be unlawful under UK Government Online and Distance Selling regulations, see below.

https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses

A simple remedy would be to email the pdf copies to me which would resolve the situation. I will restart our store as soon as we are ready to launch our online service.

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi again, @scarr23.

Thanks for getting back to me. While you're on a paused plan, there are no charges to your account. When pausing your account, we advise you that you're not able to access your account for the period your plan is paused and we leave it up to you to ensure you have all the documents you need before applying the change.

It's also worth noting, that whilst a store is paused, Shopify cannot access the account either as it's essentially closed temporarily. When you've paused your store entirely, you're not able to access it at all. I understand that paying for the service to access it isn't something you're interested in doing. Another option you have is to select a paid plan on the screen you see when you sign in as per the above message. From there, you'll need to make a payment on the plan so you can access the store. Once you have access, you can go ahead and grab the documents you need and pause the store again once you're done. When the store is paused again, you can then reach out to the Shopify Support team who will be able to help you refund the payment you made to access your store again, instead of having the credit available when you re-open the store. You can contact our live support team here: https://bit.ly/3i52f21.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello!

I have a similar issue - I am currently on a pause plan, and I cannot access my store. 
My shop was connected to a facebook page where I set up a store which is still showing, and I would need that removed immediately! Seems like I cannot disconnect the shopify catalogue from Facebook page, because it keeps redirecting me to shopify, which I cannot access. 

Can I disconnect facebook somehow else? 

Best regards,
Valerija Intihar 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @dbclarke1402!

Thanks for reaching out. The only 2 ways to disconnect your Facebook page would be to either activate your account using one of the methods above (payment of a new plan which would turn into credit when you pause again or calling up for a refund if you didn't want the credit) or closing your store entirely which would remove the link of any connected accounts.

For both these options, you'd need to select a plan from the billing page and make payment. Once you've disconnected the Facebook channel, you can then go ahead and close the store or put it back on pause again. From there, you can either request a refund by calling our live support team, or the amount would sit in credit until you reactivate the account again.

I'd love to know why your store is on pause at the moment. If you're not making sales, or even need a hand with anything, I recommend checking out Shopify Compass (https://bit.ly/2LyfedE). Shopify Compass provides you with webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales.

We have 24/7 support available to, so if you're ever stuck, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

0 Likes