PayPal Express Checkout is still processing this order's payment

eyesonheart
Visitor
3 0 0

I have setup paypal express but the payment still shows

"PayPal Express Checkout is still processing this order's payment. To make sure you get paid, wait for the payment to be successful before fulfilling this order."

Any idea how does this get resolved? My email id for paypal account and shopify business account matches. 

Replies 11 (11)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @eyesonheart,

Hyde here from Shopify.

As soon as you open a store, you're given a PayPal Express Checkout account with the email you used to sign up for your Shopify store. So if the email you used to sign up for Shopify is not the one associated with your Paypal account, you will need to change it.

I would recommend first logging into your Paypal account and going to Account > Settings > Account Settings > Email Addresses > Update > and Click the "+" to add the email you used to sign up for Shopify. You can then sign into that email and verify it. From there the unfulfilled orders and money should show up in your Paypal account.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

eyesonheart
Visitor
3 0 0

@Andrew My shopify email and paypal email are the same. I still do not see any progress in payment.

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Thanks for clarifying that. Your store admin can only update your orders when the third-party gateway (in this case Paypal) has completed processing the payment.  As Paypal is the gateway processing the payment, in this case, I would recommend that you reach out to Paypal as Shopify otherwise has no influence over the transaction. 

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde. 

Sundayla
Excursionist
35 1 4

Hi @Andrew, does the email that is used for Paypal Express have to the same as the one that was used to sign-up for the Shopify? What if you want to change the original email that was used for Shopify for a custom email?

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

If you would like to switch the email to a different account, you will need to disable the gateway, then enable it again. Disabling the gateway will unlink that initial account, then when you enable it again, it will prompt you to log into PayPal to link the account again. At that stage, you can go ahead and link the new account you have created, which would be the account in which you would like to receive the funds from your sales.

If you go to Settings > Payment Providers > Edit > Deactivate

After that, you can enable the gateway again and will be prompted to log into the account of your choice. 

Let me know how you get on!

All the best, Hyde

Cocoalilies
Visitor
1 0 0

I have check my email settings on Paypal and they match my account email with my email I used to sign in Shopify. I can't seem to get anyone on the line with paypal and I have three outstanding orders that I need to fulfill. Help will be appreciated.

Russ611
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi! I am having the same issue. Did you ever get this resolved?

barnacles
Visitor
1 0 0

hi so I'm having the same problem. I followed your advice and made sure the emails match (as the email i used to start my shopify account was different from the email i use for my paypal account) but the payments are still processing. Any advice? I'm still getting this: 

Payment is pending

PayPal Express Checkout is still processing this order's payment. To make sure you get paid, wait for the payment to be successful before fulfilling this order.
SB-Shpfy-Admin
Visitor
1 0 0

Has anyone been able to resolve this?

trickydog
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue too! Its the first paypal transaction through my store and has been saying "payment pending" all week.

Would love to get this sorted!

kingofbz
Visitor
2 0 1

Hey did you manage to resolve the issue?