PayPal Multi-Currency Checkout Issue

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I am using both Shopify Payments and Paypal.

In Shopify Payments set-up, I accept multiple currencies for my customers.

My shop default currency is USD When a user chooses GBP for example, checkout through Shopify Payment goes well until payment completion when you pay by CC.

However, for Paypal Checkout Express, if the user selects GBP in my shop, the amount he will be asked to pay at Paypal checkout is in USD. Could you please help me correct this so Paypal currency asked to my customer is the same that he selected in my shop, and not only my default currency (USD) ?

Currently, if a customer selects to pay in GBP on our store the price will be converted once by shopify on the store and then back in USD by PayPal which have very high conversion fees and the price shown differs at checkout from what they saw on Shopify. This means the price is up by about 5-6%.

I have been trying to use tons of apps to fix this but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks. Ben

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
11 1 3

Hey Ben,

This is a known limitation of the multi-currency for Shopify Payments product. We are exploring solutions so that buyers can have a consistent experience between credit cards and Paypal.

Product Lead, Cross border commerce
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!
Is there a way to integrate Braintree for Paypal multi currency checkout only? I have hear this could be a solution. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
11 1 3
Multi-currency is only supported by Shopify Payments now. We are aware of
the need to improve the PayPal experience and are looking for solutions.
Product Lead, Cross border commerce
0 Likes