PayPal and SEPA Direct (iDeal) payment methods in combination with Shopify subscriptions? (ReCharge)

CoffeMore
2 0 0

Hi everyone,

We have a site where we offer subscription products using ReCharge app in combination with Shopify Checkout. Also using Shopify Payments. However, despite all the shopify Payments being enabled, during the checkout for subscription products only credit cards are shown. Other enable payment options like PayPal and iDeal are all not visible. 

Is there a way to offer other payment methods (like PayPal, SEPA Direct/iDeal) than only credit cards for subscription products? This is really killing our business since in the Netherlands and quite some other European countries people are very anti-credit cards. SEPA Direct is the common way of payments for subscriptions.

Hope to hear some solutions from you.

Cheers,

Sha

0 Likes
StphenGBlack
Shopify Partner
35 1 3

Hi @CoffeMore, take a look at some of my suggestions here about Payment Gateways: Best Payment Gateways, Add multiple Payment GatewaysHigh-risk Payment Gateways.

Hope they can help you!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
CoffeMore
2 0 0

Hi @StphenGBlack,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the issue is not with picking a payment gateway, but the limitation of Shopify Payments at this moment for subscription products. On the Eligibility requirements of the new subscription integration of Shopify it's mentioned. Currently Shopify Payments only supports credit cards as only payment method for subscriptions. Which is a big showstopper. I know this new subscription integration is relatively new, but without the correct payment methods it's not usable for merchants. 

0 Likes