PayPal checkout problem, please help🙏🙏

Tourist
68 0 2
hey guys!
I’m trying to test the PayPal payments in my store, with a pay as guest.
After I entered my card details, PayPal show me: we’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working at the moment.
Why?
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2415 163 356

Hi @Lionsjewel1,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Thanks for reaching out. it's very difficult to know what could be going on here without taking a closer look at your store settings. There are some common reasons as to why this message might be showing up which you can see below:

Can you double check all of these for me please and let me know if you think one of them could be causing this? You can see the helpful guide Shopify has for this here

If none of the above reasons seem to be the problem, it could be something on PayPal's end and it might be worth reaching out to PayPal about this directly. You can access their customer service from here

If you could share a screenshot of what you're seeing exactly (please block out any sensitive information if you can) to give me and the community a better idea of what exactly you're seeing and where it would be very helpful for troubleshooting this. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
68 0 2
Thanks!
Some peoples saying I don’t must a business account, some peoples saying I must.. so I’m using a personal account.
So.. I must a business account? That’s the problem?
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2415 163 356

Ah ok, yes it must be a business PayPal account. I would say that is more than likely the problem for you here. Shopify has a helpful guide which states this which you can read here and see the screenshot of this particular part below:03-45-1xea7-gl9t7 

If you want to upgrade your PayPal account or set up a business account you can do so on PayPal from here

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
68 0 2
I tried to switch to business account, I have just 1 step left(but I can login into the PayPal business app)
The step I can’t complete is the payment setup- when I clicked on “find a PayPal partner “
And They wrote me that is Probably an impostor trying to steal details from me.
Why? What can I do?
* I tested that with pay as a guest- with the same card in the PayPal account(
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2415 163 356

Hi @Lionsjewel1,

That does seem a little strange. Your best bet here would be to reach out to PayPal directly about this as it is their software. You can reach PayPal directly from their customer service page here or their own online community here

The PayPal team would have a much better idea of what these messages mean and be more knowledgable to help you with the next steps to take. 

0 Likes
1 0 0
Hello

My customer has also received this error upon checkout. I don’t understand why this is happening when PayPal is the only payment gateway on my shopify store, which has been successfully collecting payments for nearly 2 years now. Why the sudden error when it’s been working fine? I haven’t updated anything, I sell less than 40 products, no variations of colour/size ... I’m a small store. Please help thanks
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2415 163 356

Hi @WowWeeSheets,

That does seem very strange if things have been normal for so long and you haven't changed or updated anything. 

Would you able to screenshot the error message you see as it's difficult for me to understand what might be going on without seeing it exactly. 

As I mentioned above in my other replies, this does seem like it could be something on the PayPal side of things also. It would definitely be worth your while reaching out to PayPal directly about this to make sure everything in your account there is good. You can do that from here

0 Likes