PayPal payments not accepted in SAR "Receiving country does not support the transaction currency"

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello there,

I have just integrated PayPal payments on my Shopify store, when tested I received the error "Receiving country does not support the transaction currency."

My store is located in Saudi Arabia accepting Saudi Arabia Riyal (SAR) currency, is there a workaround to get it to work please?PayPal problem.jpg

Thank you.

Wes

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

Hi, @WesMak!

Ava here from Shopify :)

It looks like SAR is not a currency that is supported by PayPal. There is a list of supported currencies here, you can take a look at what is available. In order to accept PayPal payments, I'd recommend switching your default currency to one of the ones listed in the link above. Are you using PayPal Express gateway?

Let me know if you would like to switch currencies!

Ava

Social Care

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @Ava,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, as my store is targeting the Arab world and mainly Saudi Arabia hence using SAR as our main currency and Saudi Arabian bank is connected to the PayPal account in use.

Do you have any suggestions please?

Regards,

Wes

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, again!

I'm afraid if PayPal do not support the currency, there is not a lot of options. You would either have to change your default currency to one PayPal does support, or have a look at some other gateways to use. There is a list of ones here in Saudi Arabia! I'd recommend having a look at 2checkout, as it is a popular option worldwide. If you did want to switch your currency, you could use a currency converter app so your customers could still see your site in SAR, only the checkout would be in another currency.

I do wish there were more options for you here! Let me know what you think about the options above.

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, I'm having the same problem, with the same error 'Receiving country does not support the transaction currency'.

But in my case, I'm using a accepted currency (Argentinian Peso - ARS). What may be causing the problem?

Thank you.

Regards,

Viana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

Hi, @Viana!

That is a strange one, especially if the currency you are using is supported. would you be able to post a link to your store here so I can run a few tests?

Thanks!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

After some tests, I realized that the store currency should be BRL, because my paypal account is in Brazil. So it's working now.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

Ah, perfect, thanks so much for letting me know! I'm glad this is working for you now.

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi,

My paypal account in UAE.but receiving massage cannot accept transaction currency.is there any option i can continue with AED or USD.If possible to change shopyfy store currency to USD and if paypal works, it suits me.please help
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm also from UAE.

Same issue for me too.

Is your problem solved ?

Whatsapp me to 00971521444407

0 Likes