PayPal to Shopify Integration

2 0 0

Hi,

Got a few questions - I've had my own private paypal account, linked with the store I am currently running on Shopify to be able to accept payments,  just promoted it to a business paypal today. 

There is an Xpress Checkout with Paypal available on my store as an option to pay and it's able to receive payments BUT the thing is I did not get that message "After your first sale, Paypal will contact you at ... with instructions for setting up a PayPal Merchant Acc and claiming your funds" and down there in the payment provider box it's not tied up to my paypal business account email, only shows that "The Credit Card Rate is set by PayPal Express Checkout" and "2% transaction fee" next to a blank box "Connected Account". 

What could be the problem? Is the business account linked already? Why haven't I had that message from PayPal about email and funds? Why is the email not connected? 

I need your help guys . 

Thanks 

Max 
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
166 36 39

Hi @ovdxn,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

By default, Shopify sets up your PayPal account to link to the email address that you used to first create your account. It sounds like this was the email that you used for your personal PayPal account, is that right? If so, you wouldn't see that message since you already had an existing PayPal account with this email address. Is this email address connected to your Business account? If not, you can add it by following these instructions from PayPal.

If you're not entirely sure which account is connected, I'd suggest de-activating your PayPal in your Shopify admin and then re-activating it with the email that you know is connected to your account. You can do this following our tutorial here.

Other than PayPal, how has your store set up process been so far? Have you launched your website? If so, I'd love to hear about your marketing tactics so far or what you plan to do.

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes