Paying Shopify's monthly bill in your local currency

Tourist
10 0 7

Hey guys, 

First of all, love Shopify, you guys are doing a great job.

I was wondering if it already is or will be possible in the near future to pay for Shopify in your local currency.

I can't change the currency from dollar to euro in my settings.

--> Credit cards issued in non-dollar having societies are required to pay 2.5% ~ 3.5% currency conversion fees for each and every transaction they make.

This is bad news for people that are getting billed multiple times a month (inc addon bills)...

Are there any plans for billing us non-US citizens in our local currencies? :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
265 0 21

Where did you see that line about the currency conversion fees? That's not displaying in my account section and I haven't been charged them.

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 7

I have a euro credit card,

Credit card companies that are not in the dollar currency will issue you a conversion fee when you make a purchase in another currency.

Check the website of your credit card issuer... I'm using a card by Visa and they have an exchange rate of  2.5%

0 Likes
Explorer
265 0 21

Bit misleading with that quote but never mind.

Way of the world I'm afraid. Very few companies based in other countries will bill you in your local currency and those that do will charge more to cover the currency conversion back to them so either way you pay.

See it all the time in the UK. A service in the USA costs $100 and it costs £100 over here. Cheaper to buy it in dollars and pay the conversion fees.

0 Likes