Payment Gateway Charges

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am designing a new site using shopify for my apparel brand. I need to ask what all charges I need to pay?

Thanks

Parshant

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
793 94 134

Hi, @Parshant,

Hank here from Shopify.

The charges that appear for you are dependant on a number of factors. These can include the current plan you are on, as well as your payment gateway, and any additional shipping courier rates, for example.

In regard to the payment gateway fees, these vary so I will share this guide about charges with you. It is important to note that if you are using Shopify payments, then you do not pay a transaction fee, you only pay for the credit card rates.

28-11-5o25e-mlw0o

As you can see from this image if using any other payment method (aside from manual payments like Cash on Delivery/bank transfers, etc) you would pay an additional transaction fee, which varies depending on which plan you are on. From the guide I shared earlier around charges, the below snippet shows you how the transaction fees are calculated within your admin.

28-16-0akv6-9pxln

Shipping fees can occur if you are using Shopify Shipping and have purchased a shipping label, choose insurance, charge additional taxes, or are using a third-party courier not included in your shipping rates.

But as standard, the shipping fees are not as common as the payment gateway fees, but as mentioned all are visible on the plan comparisons page.

Let me know if you have any additional questions and best of luck with your new apparel store!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes