Payment Gateway Idea

5 0 0
In the previous thread, Ann wrote:
I'm waiting for a UK Payment Gateway and in the meantime am using PayPal to get my shop up and running. I'm not a developer and have just used all the basic templates etc supplied. However, yesterday I made my first sale and as I'm very excited about that, I thought I'd share the beginnings of my shop with you ... www.mywaytohealth.com. Any ideas on a timescale for a UK Payment Gateway?
I've done some work on shops myself, and I imagine that it'd be very annoying and time consuming to write Payment Gateway APIs for all providers in all countries... May I suggest that you could open up your own API for writing payment gateway plugins (which of course would have to be approved by you guys), and I reckon that you could capitalise on not having to do them yourself yet you could provide a much higher level of service without as much effort. It'd probably be less of an undertaking to write gateways yourself (plus it'd be more fun to design an API than deal with damn payment gateway providers...) :) It also means people like Ann could contract someone to write a plugin for Shopify to get her gateway at her leisure rather than having to wait until you implement it. Ann uses Shopify, programmer gets monies, you get another person using your system! In Australia alone there are like 12 different gateway providers, some actual banks, others 3rd parties sitting atop all the banks, and all their APIs are different. I can't imagine you programming for any of those let alone all of them! What do you think? RYan.
0 Likes
5 0 0

p.s. I love the RSS in this forum… what an awesome use of RSS that is!

0 Likes
33 0 0

Ryan, this is pretty much already how it works since Shopify uses Active Merchant.

Tobi has hinted here that if you write a payment gateway plugin to Active Merchant, it is likely that it will be included in Shopify.

Read about Active Merchant here: http://home.leetsoft.com/am

Personaly I’m at the moment investigating how to integrate a Swedish payment gateway with Active Merchant, with hope to get it into Shopify.

Argilion.com - riktigt bra vattenpipor http://www.argilion.com/ (Sweden only)
0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Eric!

I didn’t realise that was the case! That’s perfect!

Ryan.

0 Likes