Payment Provider in the Philippines

Highlighted
3 0 1

I did my research and i'm trying to integrate a suited payment provider in the Philippines for credit cards, i tried the one in here  https://www.shopify.com/payment-gateways/philippines  and most of them has errors and bugs along the way that affects customer experience. Here's what i've tried so far - this is the sequence i've used it

• MolPay - they only allow MY currency and the business has to be registered in Malaysia
  • Paytabs - i tried using but there are bugs/issues upon checkout that affects customer journey
  • iPaylink - waiting for reply 3 days now
  • Pay via Credit/Debit Card & PayMaya Wallet - Currently testing atm (Hopefully this one can work)

If anyone can provide a pretty easy and user friendly provider please do recommend as currently i'm only using paypal and coinbase as a mode of payment which has a limited market.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi! I have been using 2Checkout since I started but I also want to transfer to another provider. Although I have not experienced any bugs or error and their fees/charges are not that big, I feel that I am losing a lot of money because of currency conversion. When a customer pays, 2Checkout converts this into USD ($1 is around 52 pesos) then they will deduct the fees and when they remit the money to your bank account, they will convert the USD to peso which now becomes $1 is to 47pesos only. Not sure if this is due to my bank's forex rate or 2Checkout's. Hence, I am looking for another provider.

I am in talks with Ipay88 now, but Shopify Support has confirmed that it is not yet available in the country. However, they say that they will coordinate with the developer to have this already available. But what I dont like about Ipay88 is, unlike 2Checkout where there is $0 setup fee, Ipay88 charges about 30,000pesos for one time, set up fee. I need to study if this is worth it.

I also tried to apply with PayMaya since June but until now, no agent has tried to reach me. Ive sent so many follow up emails to no avail. Are you able to share any contact and how was your experience with this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Is there any update in your application for Paymaya Credit/Debit Card? I already done submitting my application said it takes 2-5days.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi! Yes. I'm using Paymaya now and it has been ok so far.

I was lucky to find someone who works in Paymaya through the Shopify FB group. We chatted and he as able to direct me to an online application form instead of going through their sales rep.

Here is the website: https://manager.paymaya.com/

I applied there and was approved just after a few days.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yeah I already register on that online. But did you able to use it via International Payment? Like accepting USD payment because I'm dropshipping.

0 Likes