Payment couldn't be processed

Solved
weartheword
1 0 0

Hello there,

I am also facing the same issue 'too many attempts made'. I launched my store yesterday only. please kindly help me resolve this issue. please!

I am facing this in Shopify only. I have a proper payment option.

Earlier it was saying we are unable to process your payment try with a different payment method

Thank you

0 Likes
Omran
1 0 0

I have the same problem, my shop was frozen because of an unpaid bill. When I want to re-open the shop it tells me to chose a plan, I chose the 29 dollar plan and when I  click on start plan, it says "Payment couldn't be processed". It doesn't even allow me to fill in my bank details or to login to Paypal. Capture.JPG

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2452 285 497

@weartheword 

Waiting the 24 hours without making an attempt should help clear this up. However, if not, then feel free to respond to my email to verify the store so I can have this reviewed. 

@Omran 

I have shipped you an email to get your store reviewed. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
NathalieAzzi
1 0 0

Hello, 

I'm having the same issue as above. My store was under development and now turning to public however i'm not able to pay with my credit eventhough all the previous requirements listed in previous replies are met. 

Your prompt help will be much appreciated

Nathalie

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2452 285 497

@NathalieAzzi 

One thing you'll want to keep in mind is the currency. Shopify charges in USD which can cause a currency conversion if you're paying with an international card. You'll want to ensure you have the available funds to cover the converted amount, along with any fees your bank may charge you for an international charge. If you're still having issues after ensuring you have suffiencent funds, then it is possible your card is simply not supported (even if it may meet the requirements stated in my previous replies) and will require using a different card. 

lolamaydesigns
1 0 0

I have been on chat with three different reps at Shopify who have told me that my CC is all fine on their end and that I needed to contact my bank. My bank says that my CC is fine and has no hold on it. I go back to Shopify who tells me to go back to my bank. My store is STILL not able to be charged and opened and you now cannot even get anyone at Shopify customer service on the phone to resolve your issue while you are losing out on business hour by hour. THANKS. 

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2452 285 497

@lolamaydesigns 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having back and forth conversations with our support with little to no luck with sourcing a solution. I know that can be quite frustrating, especially when you've been given the same answer from both sides. Not all credit cards can be accepted through our billing system. Most notable would be debit cards with credit card capabilities; however, even if you have a credit card that is issued by a bank with a line of credit there is a possibility it will not be accepted. 

Ultimately, the choice on whether it is accepted is based on the credit card company you're with. We receive very minimal information on why a card is declined and can only offer the error code that the bank provides to us. Outside of providing this information, there are no other troubleshooting steps we can take to add the card and would require speaking with your bank. In the end, if your bank is unable to determine why the card is being declined, and you're unable to add it to your account, then you will want to try a different card as we can not forcefully add a credit card to the account. 

0 Likes
gopesh301
Tourist
4 0 2

I'm trying to take the plan through credit card but the error Payment Couldn't be processed is showing. PLease Help!

0 Likes
gopesh301
Tourist
4 0 2

Hey @Trevor 

My 14 day trial expired and had to select a plan. I chose the basic shopify plan and chose the billing cycle option to be monthly. I tried using both the credit card and PayPal as methods of payment but it didn't work. When I clicked the start plan button I keep on getting a message saying "payment couldn't be processed". And all the points you mentioned, all are valid but still payment is not processing.

Please can you assist me with it?

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2452 285 497

This is an accepted solution.

@gopesh301 

If you are using a credit card, you will need to ensure that the funds are available for the plan you've selected. This would also include any currency conversion should you be using an international card as we charge in USD. If the funds are available, then your bank is declining the purchase for another reason. You will need to call the number on the back of the card to speak with them about why the charge is being declined. We have limited information on why the card is declined outside of the error the bank provides us. 

If you are paying via Paypal and you get an error when paying, then you will need to contact Paypal Support for further assistance. They can look into why the charge was declined. 

In the event that your bank is unable to provide information on why the charge was declined, then you can reach out to our Support as they can provide the error code your bank is providing us. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

0 Likes