Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Yes, I have registered my company and have the IEC

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 2
And they’re still not giving you a gateway? Which ones have you tried?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I have tried cashfree and razorpay

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 2
What went wrong?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

They don’t support international dropshipping 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 2
What’s the product you’re selling?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 3

Hi,

I had a word with some friends having e-commerce businesses. They advised to select your business type as a normal (e-retail / e-commerce) company and not a dropshipping business as payment providers in India don't support dropshipping model of business. 

@Nish7, how did you get your company registered? Was it through some legal company or a local accountant?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

@arun90 wrote:

Hi,

I had a word with some friends having e-commerce businesses. They advised to select your business type as a normal (e-retail / e-commerce) company and not a dropshipping business as payment providers in India don't support dropshipping model of business. 

@Nish7, how did you get your company registered? Was it through some legal company or a local accountant?

@arun90 wrote:

Hi,

Hi, which payment gateway does your friend uses? Moreover that won’t that be illegal if we choose e-commerce instead of dropshipping? 

I did it thromy Dad’s accountant. So he did everything. You can even do it online through government website

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 3

Most of them use 2Checkout or PayU as these are the only providers that allow international transactions. But, as I said earlier, mentioning 'dropshipping' can get your account suspended. 

Moreover that won’t that be illegal if we choose e-commerce instead of dropshipping? 

Doing business in the country is complex. Though the country has eased some business laws, still much remains to be done. International dropshipping is not yet supported as a business in the country, and payment providers don't entertain dropshippers. This is a simple workaround and entirely legal. If you are unsure, I would advise checking with your accountant or legal expert. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 2

@arun90 Thanks mate, makes sense. Do you have a dropshipping store yourself? If yes, which gateway do you use?

0 Likes