Payment in one country and delivery in another

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all

I am new here to the community, i have a customer who lives in New Zealand and wants to purchase a product as a gift to be delivered in Australia, the site is saying that to use an Australian address that she must use an Australian Card.

This doesn't seem right as not all customers will live in the country of delivery particularly when sending a gift.

I assume that there is something in settings for payments/shipping that i am missing, does anyone have an idea as to how i fix this?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2680 190 425

Hi @Michael_Jamison,

Nick here from Shopify. 

There should be no problem using whatever shipping address your customers like. However, they may see an error if the billing address does not match the billing address of the card they are using. So for example, if the customer's card has a New Zealand address associated with it on the bank's end and they enter an Australian billing address at checkout, the bank may refuse the transaction. 

Something else which could have caused this is the fraud prevention settings within Shopify Payments (if that's the gateway you're using) that may be causing transaction failures. Shopify has a helpful guide going into more details about this which you can see here. You can look into this further in the actual order itself on the right hand column. 

Do you feel like it could either one of these at all? It's hard to say what might be the reason for this without looking into your store or the order directly, but it shouldn't be a problem for a customer to order for another country if they are based in another. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes