Payment installments for customers

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am wondering if someone can help me due to COVID-19 sales have dropped considerably. I have seen throughout some Shopify account options for members to pay in instalments however in the United Kingdom I was wondering if there is anyone using any specific app please get back to me urgently :-)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 24 69

Hi, @Grillz2020

If you're located in the UK and are hoping to offer payment installments, I'd recommend either PUT IT ON LAY-BUY or Splitit Monthly Payments. You should be able to find both of these under Settings > Payments > Alternative payment methods > Choose alternative payment. 

In regards to the loss in sales, you may be interested in taking a look at our resources for businesses impacted by COVID-19 here. Are you having trouble driving traffic to the site, or do you find that there is traffic without it converting to sales? 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 14

Hi there,

Are there any solutions available currently in Canada?  I've seen that Shopify is rolling this out as part of Shopify Pay in the US, but not sure of plans here

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 24 69

Hi, @TelescopesCan

Shop Pay installments will only be available for merchants based in the US upon the original launch, though we hope for this to be expanded in the future. In the meantime, you can use other payment installment options available to you in your payment gateway settings. The options for Canada can be seen here (Pay over time with Klarna, PUT IT ON LAY-BUY, and Splitit Monthly Payments). You can add these options under Settings > Payments > Alternative payment methods. Hope that helps! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 14
Hi there,

Sadly Klaarna only accepts US customers checking out in the Canadian Shopify, which is strange and not very useful. SplitIt won't pay out to retailers until the customer pays them back, so it ties up capital that most companies can't afford to have tied up. Put it on Lay Buy won't put the purchase through until the product is 100% paid off, so really not much utility to users beyond forced savings. PayBright wants $1million in annual sales before they will look at you. So far I haven't found anything in Canada that works as you would expect it to. If you have any other suggestions, I'll check them out. I've been through a lot of them and most won't tell you the hidden catch until you've been talking for them for a couple of weeks.
Thanks
Stephen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 24 69

Hey, @TelescopesCan!

Thanks so much for the detailed feedback - that is really helpful, and I'll be sure to pass it on to the appropriate team. Have you taken a look at the Affirm gateway at all? This is another option available for Canadian merchants, and I believe they offer the ability to buy now and pay later: https://www.affirm.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello!

I want to install shop pay installments in my account from US. When I read it's not clear if it's already possible. How can I proceed? Is there an instructive?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 24 69

Hi, @aixa

This feature is currently in testing, so any merchants currently using Shop Pay installments have been hand-picked for this trial. If you received an email from us about testing Shop Pay installments, you can contact our team about it directly through the email you received. Otherwise, there is no set date for when this will be available to all merchants. If you are based in the US and using Shopify Payments however, you can sign up for the waitlist from this page. Cheers! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 14

Sadly Affirm does not support Canada, as is the same with many of the companies that Shopify lists as payment partners   Here is their answer "Thank you for reaching out to Merchant Help! Today, only U.S. customers can apply for Affirm loans. "

I still have not found anyone that is willing to help beyond Pay with Four, though they are limited to a $1,200 maximum and have trouble explaining how their system works   We would greatly benefit from a partner that provides split payments for larger amounts.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 24 69

Hey, @TelescopesCan!

It sounds like the Affirm team possibly thought you were trying to apply for a loan with them, as opposed to trying to use their payment gateway through Shopify. Have you already tried setting up that gateway from within your admin? 

0 Likes