Payment of Fees

Kelger
2 0 0

I am offering a service that has an initial price tag but may have additional charges as the level of service increases. 

How can I do this on my Shopify site using the checkout option?  I am not listing a product, just a research service.

Would it be possible for a customer to buy "credits" in incremental blocks?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1222 71 155

Hi there @Kelger!

Don here from Shopify.

That's an interesting question!

Could you tell me a bit more about how you list your services for sale via your Shopify store?

Are you creating access as discrete products in your admin to represent services or would you be using a booking app or service?

The first thing that came to mind for me based on your description was an app like Product Fees, to add service or additional fees.

If you can let me know a bit more about how you provide your service for sale through Shopify and take a look at some of the apps in our store, we might be able to find a workable solution for you.

Do you offer a wide range of potential add-on services, meaning there would be a lot of combinations available overall?

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Kelger
2 0 0

Hi Don and thank you for your reply. I am not certain as to what you mean by "discrete products". What I am offering is a

6-hour block of genealogical research, after which the client may consent to a further block of predetermined time. I would

need the ability to display the time units giving the client options.

Can this be done? My store is https://irish-gaelic-family-research.myshopify.com/

Kelger

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1222 71 155

Hi there @Kelger!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for getting back to me here with that info.

As you're looking to sell services rather than products via your store, you would need to determine a way to list these services for sale as per your description.

You could look into setting up product variants to correspond to your various service options, though given that you want to be able to give an option to expand on a choice it might be necessary to look into using one of the appointment booking apps I linked above.

Apps like this would give you greater control over setting up how and when you sell your consultations/sessions.

As with all third-party apps in our store, you can reach out to the developers directly with any support queries you have by using the contact details listed there on the app store page.

Of course, if there is anything else I can help with please just let me know!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes