Payment options for SOUTH AFRICA

MoJos
2 0 0

Hi, my business is based in South Africa & I want to use Yoco as my local payment gateway. There is no Shopify & Yoco integration. Please add this as feedback to get built soon. Yoco is the only gateway in SA that lets me accept payments both online and in-store.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
865 60 252

Hi, @MoJos

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. 

Thanks for reaching out about using Yoco to accept payments, and sharing your use case behind this request. 

As you mentioned, Yoco isn't currently an available payment provider for merchants in South Africa. However, I understand that you're hoping to use this provider to accept payments both in store, and in person, so I'm going to share your feedback on this with our team directly. 

If we make any changes to the payment options in South Africa, or if we add Yoco to our list of payment providers, we'll update our changelog, as well as our Updates blog with more details, so I recommend keeping an eye on both of those resources. 

In the meantime though, you can see which payment providers are available to merchants in South Africa on this list. Some popular choices from that list are 2Checkout and PayPal Express Checkout. It's important to keep in mind that these options are all third-party providers though, so if you have any questions about using these gateways, please contact the providers directly. 

This information should get you on the right track, but let me know if you have any further questions or concerns! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MoJos
2 0 0

Thank you, but we bank with ABSA and cannot find an ecommerce app that integrates with ABSA...

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
865 60 252

Hi, @MoJos

Thanks for following up with these details. 

Have you already had a chance to reach out to each of the gateways on this list to confirm if they integrate with ABSA? If not, I really recommend doing so, as these gateways can provide more information about the integrations they offer. 

If you've already spoken with all of the available gateways about this, then you may want to consider choosing a gateway from the list that you'd like to work with, and speaking with them further about what you'll need to make an integration with them work. This may require some adjustments on your end, but once complete, you'll be able to get a payment gateway up and running on your site! 

Best of luck with this, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog