Payment options in Bulgaria

Tourist
5 0 2

Hi, there!
Our Shopify store is operating in Bulgaria, but we are selling worldwide. 
So far we have used Bold cashier app to connect to Braintree payments, so we can accept both paypal and direct credit card payments in our store. We also use Bold Multicurrency, so our clients can see prices on product and checkout in their local currency. Now I can see, that Bold Cashier is unlisted from Shopify App Store, but it is still processing our payments. 
We would like to use PayPal +  direct payment processor for our store, so that customer does not leave checkout page at payment.
Please, advise which payment provider can we use, so we can run our store properly.
Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
200 17 42

Hi, @BobbyIv!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Shopify has partnered with a number of leading payment providers for merchants in Bulgaria. We have a complete list you can access here

Since you’re looking for a payment gateway that integrates directly with the Shopify checkout, I recommend looking into Authorize.net. This payment gateway is popular amongst Shopify merchants worldwide and is used quite commonly. 

We also have a help doc on how to use Authorize.net with Shopify I think you’ll find useful. This help doc outlines how you can create an account with Authorize.net, activate it with Shopify, and enable test mode to place a test transaction. You can also use this gateway in conjunction with PayPal Express, providing your customers with more options. 

Have you considered Authorize.net? Are there any other gateways that you’re currently considering?

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
2 0 2

I'm in the same situation. I checked Authorize.net as you suggested, but there is not an option to choose Bulgaria as country.

Instead went to 2checkout and I was able to register.

Do they offer same integration for paypal express and opportunity to collect payments, without leaving the platform?

When client finishes payment, do you pay the shopify fee + the 2checkout fee on top for every transaction?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
200 17 42

Hey, @stanimirmihov!

Did you get a chance to contact Authorize.net directly? They should be able to shed some light on how you can get setup with an account based in Bulgaria. You can find their contact information in the footer of their support page here.

Regardless, you can most definitely continue using 2Checkout. This is another really popular option amongst Shopify merchants worldwide. As for their integration with PayPal, this would be something you would need to check in with them about directly. Within Shopify, however, you do have the ability to offer PayPal Express in conjunction with a credit card gateway like 2Checkout or Authorize.net. 

As for fees, 2Checkout's fees will be billed completely separately, and as it is a third-party gateway, I can't really speak to what that process looks like. On Shopify's end, however, transaction fees will be reflected in your monthly Shopify invoice. We also have a help doc on transaction fees I recommend checking out. This help doc goes over how transaction fees are reflected in your monthly invoice and how you can see a breakdown of transaction fees per order.

I hope this clears things up! If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to reply here. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

I tried to reach Authorize.net about 3 weeks ago...Still no reply.

1 Like
2 0 2

I registered with 2Checkout and they were very quick. You can give them a try

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2
Hi, Stanimir!
Thanks for sharing. Does integration go through shopify or needs an app?
We are currently using Braintree via Bold Cashier.
I was just looking for sth different.
Conversion tracking is a bit confusing with Bold...
0 Likes
Tourist
25 0 1

Hey Stanimir am also from Bulgaria/Burgas. When i signed up for 2checkout they sent me an email which said i was Declined to accept their service. How did you manage to be accepted. Could you please help me out? You can message me here or FB:Nihat Erol or Instagram; nihat_ghat 

0 Likes
Tourist
25 0 1

Hey when i applied for 2checkout they declined me. How did you manage to be accepted?

0 Likes