Payment pay error using Samsung Note 10

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Guys, 

Customers using Samsung Note 10, aren't able to complete their payment on the payment page, and are getting redirected to the home page instead. 

Is anyone else experiencing this, or any thing we can do to fix this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey, @Teressa_Lee!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to our Community Forums, and thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear that your Samsung Note 10-customers are experiencing technical issues with completing payments for their order, and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I've taken a look through our existing live issues, and I'm not able to see any other merchants currently experiencing the same issue. There could be a variety of reasons a customer might experience payment errors, but these will often depend on their bank account as well as your payment gateway. 

In order to investigate this further, I'll need some more information from you. How many Samsung Note 10-customers have experienced this payment error? Are you able to grab a screenshot of the error messages that they're seeing? Are you seeing any payment-error information in the History of the Abandoned Checkout orders? If it's only a few, this could potentially be in relation to the Android version that they're using, rather than the specific device. Do you happen to know their phone's versioning?

Once I have the answers to the above questions, I'd be happy to see what else I can find out. If necessary, we can then move our conversation over to email and continue investigating through there. Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ryder, 

It's happened on two devices, here are the details. 

Google Pixel

- Android Version 11

Samsung Note 10

- Android Vesion 10

I have a screen grab video, how can I PM you this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hi, @Teressa_Lee!

Thanks for getting back to me. I've just sent you an email requesting more information and would be happy to continue our conversation and troubleshooting through there. Let me know if you don't receive the email. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes