Payment provider

Solved
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, I’m from Lebanon I have finished building my store and I have bought a domain to my store and now I have a problem with payment provider in my country we only accept credit cards I have talked with all providers that my country support all of them told me that they don't support drop shipping (tap, PayTabs,Cybersource,2checkout), any help to find the best payment provider 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
111 15 18

Hi, @!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that the credit card payment gateways you reached out to will not accept your dropshipping business. You can always consider BitPay or Coinbase Commerce from the providers available in Lebanon if you believe your clientele is likely to use these methods. 

Otherwise, you can consider manual payment optionsWhen your customers use a manual payment method, you can arrange to receive their payment outside your online checkout. After you receive the payment, you can then manually mark the order as paid and fulfill the order. Common types of manual payments include cash on delivery (COD), money orders, and bank transfers. We have a guide on setting up a manual payment option here

Another noteworthy option is to use gift cards to process orders. Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, Shopify has unlocked to use of Gift Cards for all plans during these times. Electronic gift cards can be sold and customers can use this method to pay for their order. 

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi again a friend of mine lives in Italy can I put his information in my Shopify payment? (location, name )and I put my IBAN to my bank account to receive money?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
111 15 18

We cannot advise on this front as this refers to the legal information regarding your business. If you do not have a legal relation with the address you are inputting on behalf of your business, it may lead to negative ramifications. I would suggest seeking counsel from a legal expert in your region to see how your business address can vary as per the jurisdictions in your country.

However, I can confirm that Italy is a country that offers Shopify Payments as a payment gateway. If you were to find it appropriate to use an address in Italy and link it to your business, you could set up Shopify Payments without an issue. Here is a guide on setting up this payment gateway for your reference. 

Cheers!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

How can I send money from Shopify payment to my bank account? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
111 15 18

When an order is processed using the Shopify Payments gateway, you will be paid out directly into the bank account you link in your settings. This payout will be the amount of the order minus the credit card fee. The fee is based on which plan you are on. As such, you do not need to manually send the money between platforms. Shopify takes care of the transfer automatically. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

if it's possible to share exactly from a to z how to establish a payment method through shopify for lebanon.

i am new to this so i would like to know what works.

for sure paypal is not running in lebanon unless u have a paypal running account from outside lebanon while using a vpn from lebanon to manage it.

so what about shopify payments,2chekout,tap,cybercourse

whats effectively works in lebanon?

can lebanese customers of my e-commerce  use their credit cards(in LBP or USD)?

can they be linked to a lebanese bank account...or maybe payoneer account

thank you for sharing

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
111 15 18

Hi, @oasis ! 

Thanks so much for reaching out. I'd be happy to answer your questions.

First off, I would like to provide you with our complete guide on configuring a third party payment provider on your Shopify store. All the steps you will require on setting up your payment gateway of choice are listed there. It is quite simple - you need only head to Settings > Payment providers > and select your third party payment provider from the list available and you will be prompted to set up your account with the gateway directly.

With that said, you will find the list of available payment gateways in Lebanon here. Currently, Shopify Payments is not available in Lebanon but other popular gateways such as 2Checkout, Tap and Cybersource are readily available for our merchants. As mentioned above, there may be limitation with these gateways if your business is dropshipping. It is always best to reach out to the gateway you are interested in using to see if your business is one they can support.

When selecting a payment gateway, you will be prompted by the payment provider to create an account. During this process, you will be asked to link a bank account so they may transfer your payouts. The approved accounts are dependant on the payment provider so if you have any questions regarding which type of account you may connect, it is best to direct your query to their support team. 

When it comes to the currency you sell in, that will be determined in the settings of your Shopify account. You can set the currency under Settings > General > Store Currency. Your customers will be able to use their credit card no matter what currency they purchase with. Each credit card will automatically convert the currency through their bank so you do not need to worry about that. The customer will see that they are purchasing their order in USD, for instance, and they will expect the currency to be converted through their credit card. 

If you anticipate generating sales from an international market, it would be ideal to consider a currency converter application. This will automatically detect their local currency and they will see your product prices in the anticipated converted currency price. 

I hope this answers your questions. If you have any follow up questions, please do not hesitate to respond to this thread.

Cheers! 

0 Likes