Payment section Error message

Solved
Charlie34
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

Recently I've had over 20 initiate checkouts without 1 conversion so I began to think something is wrong with the checkout/payment section of my website.

I ran a test order using the VISA fake card details and applied my discount code. I went to pay then up came the message "The total of your order has changed and cannot be processed." When I refresh the page this goes away and the order can be process but I fear my potential customers don't know this and are losing trust as well as patience with my site.

When I run another test order, again with Visa card details but this time don't apply the discount code, the message doesn't appear and the transaction processes successfully. As a result I have removed my discount code and I will wait to see if orders begin to come through. (I only removed the discount code an hour ago)

However if they don't does anyone know what else could be wrong? Ive got my shipping Zone selecting all e-Packet countries so shipping location shouldn't be a problem as my ads only target these countries.

Any resolutions to this problem would be greatly appreciated even if it turns out that removing the discount has fixed the issue as discounts are generally great at gaining potential customers and I would like to put it back on my site in the future. 

Thank you

www.surroundpods.com (Designed mainly for mobile due to dropshipping)

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

Hi @Charlie34,

Hank here from Shopify.

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing an issue with your store's performance.

I took a closer look at your website, and I was unable to replicate any issue with relation to the checkout or the order process. Based on the error message you described though, it seems more than likely that the discount was to blame.

This can be related to how the discount was created and what conditions it had. Was it a manual or an automatic discount that was created?

What you could do, is create another discount code, and then enable the test mode for Shopify Payments, and place a test order to see if the error reoccurs. 

Let me know how you find the above, or if the issue has been resolved!

All the best, Hank.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Charlie34
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi,
It was a manual discount, do you think I could solve the issue by creating an automatic discount?

Thanks for your reply
0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

This is an accepted solution.

No worries @Charlie34.

Without seeing the original manual discount code I cannot confirm if it will be resolved by using an automatic code.

However, creating an automatic discount code will apply the discount before the checkout, on the cart page. Whereas manual discounts can still be applied in the checkout area.

So I would recommend creating an automatic discount to then see if this issue repeats itself. I do not believe it will as the calculations are made on the cart page, rather than in the checkout area.

Let me know how you get on with this! -Hank

Maxim247
Tourist
10 0 2

my customers cant check out it keeps coming up with error payment message, only like1 in 10 can checkout, ive tried myself with 3 different cards all failed and said come back later. And no its not having no enough funds in the account or incorrectly putting in the details. I've had over 800 people on my website in the last 36 hours but hardly any successful checkouts, this is a joke. Can someone help?

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, @Maxim247, it certainly sounds stressful which we want to assist with if possible.

Can you tell me what payment gateway you are using? Is it Shopify payments, or is it another method? The reason being that this would be the best route to take to help resolve this for you.

If using Shopify payments, then the team will be able to assist you via the Help Center as we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. 

However, if using a third-party provider, you should be able to contact them via your admin by going to Settings > Payments and seeing the contact link with your payment gateway or let me know and I can locate the correct link for you also.

Are there any messages within the abandoned checkout section of your admin for these orders that might indicate a trend?

0 Likes
Maxim247
Tourist
10 0 2
I'm using shopify payments some orders go through some don't but i've
checked i'm putting in details all correctly. my store url is
millionballers.com
0 Likes