Payments for dropshipping

Highlighted
2 0 0
Why doesn’t my customers’ payments go directly to my PayPal so I can process my orders days faster for dropshipping? It’s kind of inconvenient to wait 3 days for the money to hit my account to then go pay for an order days later! Any help?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
836 53 134

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team. I would love to shed some light on this to clarify for you.

If you're wanting the money from your customers to go right to your PayPal account then you would need to have PayPal set up as your only payment gateway. This way any of the funds from your customers would automatically go to a centralized location. Even if you were to do that though, there would still be a time required to process the funds. That isn't a delay in association with Shopify, but rather it's with the bank or with PayPal depending on what you use to accept money from your customers and where you want the money to go. In order for money from an order to be delivered to an account, it will have to go through a processing delay of about 3-5 days. That will be the case even if you were to just use PayPal.

So to answer your question, you could make PayPal the only gateway available for your customers to use in order to have all your money in one spot to purchase the dropshipping orders, but the funds will still be subject to processing time.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you for the response! How do I only do Spotify because I see it says Shopify payments but I don’t see and option to turn it off.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
836 53 134

Just to confirm, are you looking to use Shopify without the Shopify Payment Gateway? If you don’t want to use that gateway anymore then you’ll just need to go to Settings > Payments > Shopify Payments > Manage and then when you scroll right to the bottom you’ll be able to see a button that says “Deactivate Shopify Payments.” 2020-06-201lv-cb1snCan you try those steps and then let me know how it works for you?

Is there a reason in particular that you’re looking to not use Shopify Payments?

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes