Payments

Solved
1 0 0

Hello
I am creating a store where I am gonna sell product worldwide, however, I will try to attract especially people from USA or Canada. The thing is I am a Uk citizen with a UK bank account. Should I choose Paypal as a payment method in settings? Or should I put in my UK bank account? Or something else?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 119

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @JanSmatera!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! It sounds like you're looking for a payment gateway. If you're located in the UK, then you might qualify to use Shopify Payments. Shopify Payments is a payment gateway that is directly integrated with the Shopify Admin, so you can easily view your payouts, handle chargebacks with no additional third party account set up. When using Shopify Payments, there is also no transaction fee charge because of the admin integration. If you're interested in reading more about Shopify Payments, you can check out the FAQ guide here. To install Shopify Payments as your payment gateway, be sure to follow our step by step guide

When using Shopify Payments, you can also enable a feature so that you can charge your customers in different currencies. This is useful if you're planning on selling to multiple countries, like the US or Canada. You can check out the requirements and instructions about how to enable multiple currencies with Shopify Payments, here.

Now, since you're located in the UK, you do have quite a lot of options when it comes to using a third party payment gateway. You can check out the list of all available payment gateways to merchants residing in the UK, here.  To enable a third party payment gateway from within your Shopify Admin, you're going to want to follow the below steps:

• Settings> Payments
  • Under 'Third Party Providers' > 'Choose third-party provider' 
  • Use the dropdown list to select the gateway you want to use
  • Enter in your account details
  • Click 'Activate' when you're done

You still have the option of using PayPal as your payment gateway if you would like to. Many merchants use a credit card payment provider and PayPal to offer their customers different payment method options. To add PayPal as a payment gateway, you can follow our PayPal guide, here

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 0 0

shopify payment provider itself is not available as option i have used the service before and deleted  it.  so that i wanted people stop ordering from different place. but i am trying reactivate not able to can you please help me thanks 

0 Likes