Payout Bank Account Change

Highlighted
18 0 0

Hi,

I need to speak to someone to change my bank account info soon as possible. I have orders coming in and we've been trying to get this info changed for about a week. We still have our old bank account attached and when we enter the information, it comes back as not being the information on the records. The account is closed and I'd like to get that changed to our current one. Thanks again!

Will Murphy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

I am having this same issue and Shopify is NOT helpful when it comes to customer service. They actually made all the matters worse. I finally think I might have figured it out tho. going to have to see where my money goes in a few days. Anyway, What you need to do is go to your settings from the home screen. then chose Payments, at the top of the payments page you will see a section that says Shopify Payments and a small manage button in the top right corner of the Shopify payments section. Click Manage. then scroll down and it will take you to Bank account information and enter in your information there. BE CAREFUL because if you enter in your old bank account info incorrectly it will put a hold on your account. In the same page you can change the payout schedule to be after every business day. I would change it to that setting, then make sure you press save before you exit the screen.

-Tabitha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

@William_Murphy  the TLDR version is: Homepage> Settings> Payments>Shopify payments 'Manage'> Payout Bank Account 'Change bank account. Again be VERY careful to enter in your old banking info correctly or else it WILL put a hold on your account.

-Tabitha (they/them/theirs)

www.thenativedream.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
18 0 0

Yes I tried this initially but that still isn't working. I've confirmed I was using the correct info which means there's a problem on Shopify's end. But like you said, they've been NO HELP at all. I need to get in communication with one of them soon cause this is ridiculous.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

@William_Murphy Hey Did you try clicking on your account name and making sure the name on the Shopify account matches the name of the banking account you are sending it to? For instance my Shopify account name was 'The Native Dream Admin' but my bank account is under my actual name "Tabitha Hamilton" so this was making the payments fail. but I changed the account name to Tabitha Hamilton and hopefully that sends my payments through. 

0 Likes